hey, i'm really thinkin about upgradin my guitar, at the moment i got an epiphone les paul classic (no mods) and a Vox Valvetronics AD30VT.
this setup seems ok for now but i'm thinkin about getting new pick-ups. i was thinkin seymour duncan antiquity neck and seymour duncan aph-1b Alnico pro II bridge.

i mainly play rock music, early Led Zeppelin through to Metallica, no monsterously heavy stuff.

how does this new set-up sound?

cheers
\_/ <-------this is my cup of care, notice how full it is

Probably not worth spending the money to be honest - the difference new pickups will make will in no way reflect what they cost.

Either way they're not the best choices, there's little point splurging on something like the antiquities with a modelling amp, and the alnico pro 2 isn't the ideal choice for the bridge, probably a bit too spongy given the range of stuff you want to play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 18, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
Probably not worth spending the money to be honest - the difference new pickups will make will in no way reflect what they cost.

Either way they're not the best choices, there's little point splurging on something like the antiquities with a modelling amp, and the alnico pro 2 isn't the ideal choice for the bridge, probably a bit too spongy given the range of stuff you want to play.

ok, cool. what would you recommend? keeping current pick-ups etc? i'm just lookin for a little guidance really!

cheers
\_/ <-------this is my cup of care, notice how full it is