what are some good guitars around the price range of $1000 usd. i play stuff like vai, malmsteem, metallica, iron maiden and so on...
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
^ Thats just about covered it , take a look into schecter, but i reckon you'll find the best guitar in a jackson

Edit: Get a Jackson KE3 please.. they're just lovely
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Last edited by xander307 at Nov 18, 2008,
Quote by gab4554
ESP
Dean
Jackson

Check out these and ibanez. I think the best would be jackson though.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Go by feel, mate. Jackson and Ibanez guitars are by far most comfortable for me, ESP close third. Some like the feel of thicker necks that deans and schecters have. Find guitars that you like visually and that have your desired specs (or close to them). Then go to your local guitar shop to try them all out to see which one suits you most. For a hell of a lot of people, its usually Jackson or ESP.
I have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser and for less then 700 dollars it has EMG active pickups and all the same hardware used on guitars like Gibsons. Definitely better then any Jackson Ive played and unbeatable for the price.
Thing is here... DO YOU LIKE THIN NECKS?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Not true. Alot of people whine because they are use to thin necks. The Schecter necks are comfortable and fast to play on. I'd say check them out for yourself since most people that complain have only looked at them or played them for a couple minutes. I prefer schecter necks over ibanez
I'd look at anything by Jackson, Schecter, Ibanez and LTD in that price range ($~800 to $1100).
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
well im in america right now and the guitars are cheaper over here then in australia, i was thinking of getting either an rr5fr jackson or a ibanez prestige rg2550e or z. what you guys think is better in your oppinion? i know ur oppinions will probably be dif to mine but i want to see the majority of wat people pick between these 2.
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
Well, my dream $1000 guitar is the B.C. Rich Stealth (the Schuldiner signature model). It's an amazing guitar, neck-thru & all, and it's about the best metal guitar you can get for that range. It has the X2N pickup to, which is undoubtedly one of the best. But this is good only if you just play metal.
Get a prestige.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

They seem to both be good guitars. I'd go for the Ibanez myself, but it's really up to you.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Ibanez Prestige RG 1570. its about 800 Dollars. or you could save up a bit and get the RG2550. both are fantastic guitars.

I don't know much about Jackson models, but yeah they would be worth a look.

If you like thicker necks, Shecter and ESP are where you should look
Jacksons, Schecter, ESPs.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I would vote for Jackson too.

But just remember if you're going for the Malmsteen tone as well, you're gonna need a singlecoil somewhere. Or at least a guitar that can split the coils on a humbucker.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
If I had my choice between the two I would take the RG. Why? Becuase I could never just sit down and chill out playin' a v guitar. I've had a few and I love 'em playin' standin up but there were times sittin on the edge of my bed with that son of a bitch slidin' down my leg where I felt like I wanted to bash my head in with it.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

Quote by PBI
If I had my choice between the two I would take the RG. Why? Becuase I could never just sit down and chill out playin' a v guitar. I've had a few and I love 'em playin' standin up but there were times sittin on the edge of my bed with that son of a bitch slidin' down my leg where I felt like I wanted to bash my head in with it.

THat's really funny bro.

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Yeah the 3 guitars i'd be looking at would be an Ibanez RG1570, a Scheter C1 or a Jackson Dinky. All are excellent guitars, but they do feel quite different, and whichever has the best feel to you, you should buy. If I had the cash, i'd own all 3.
RG's & Mesa's