I'm getting a new guitar soon, and since it's all black, I'd like to basically darken or stain the fretboard (rosewood) in a way that it will be a very thick, dark color. On my other guitar it's basically relatively bright, so does anyone know how I'd go along to do that?

A really good example of the color I want to get is this:
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
they have ebony dye.

not sure if it's specifically for rosewood. read up, and call them if needed.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Colors,_tints,_and_stains/Black_Fingerboard_Stain.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Sweet, I'll check that out!

Edit: That's going to leave the freatboard BLACK though. All I'm looking for is just a darkening basically, a more saturated dark tone. Unless that is achievable using only small amounts of this oil dye perhaps?
i stained a maple board with some wood stain.

if you look into it, i'm sure there are cheap dyes you can use.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Oh alright. Thanks for the swift reply!
Quote by jj1565
they have ebony dye.

not sure if it's specifically for rosewood. read up, and call them if needed.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Colors,_tints,_and_stains/Black_Fingerboard_Stain.html
BTW, the Fiebing Oil Dye that StewMac sells is also available at equestrian and leather-working shops for ~$4. Since it's Oil, I suppose you can dilute it with some colorless Oil so it doesn't look too dark or maybe just get Brown (which looks dark, too) instead of Black?

I've also read some people having good results with the Kiwi brand,

yeah i thought that was the case. i didnt want to give him a 100%.

glad you're on today.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62