Poll: Would you rather watch TV or read a book?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you rather watch TV or read a book?
I would rather read.
32 52%
TV is the way to go.
29 48%
Voters: 61.
http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE4AH2WA20081118

Apparently, activities such as watching TV are associated with unhappiness in the short-run and lead to more unhappiness in the long run.

On the other side, activities such as sex, reading, and socializing correlate with happiness.

Do you guys prefer to read or to watch TV?

Poll coming.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
I read all the time and pretty much never watch TV, so I'll have to go with reading.
Read.
i really hate tv.

When the bell rang to change classes at school, I walked into the hallway and yelled, "I MASTURBATE TO DUCK SEX" and started imitating a duck having sex.

Well I'd actually rather hang out with people and ****....

IDK TV is pretty sweet.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
hmmm i guess it depends on what i'm reading at the moment. Right now i'm reading house of leaves and I can't put it down. But when I'm reading infinite jest, I sometimes need to take a few days break and watch some tv.

so both.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
I don't really watch TV unless it's Top Gear, Stargate or the news.
More just for background noise.
I only really watch funny things on tv so I don't see how that makes me unhappy , the thing that makes me unhappy though is the fact I have to get up and go to a job I hate everyday but i'll save that one for another topic hmm.
I'm never home untill late.... so I only ever watch TV after 11.... but I would feel better about reading... I would feel like I am accomplishing something
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Does the pit count as reading? Cause I would rather talk to people or hang out with my friends or do something active like playing guitar instead of tv. I only watch movies really
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
I hate most TV but don't read as much as I probably should.

Guitar and fapping FTW!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I love to do both. It annoys me when people say that watching the box is mind numbing. It really depends on what you watch. There are some genuinely good TV shows out there. Sure, if you're watching crappy midday talk shows and soaps, this theory might be true.
Quote by gir vs wild
what if i watch tv with subtitles?

XD

I like rock bios more then TV but there aren't enough for me to read them 24/7. I can only find 3 that are in a format I like(scar Tissue,Slash and Marilyn Mansons long road out of hell) I can't read a narrative bio. So mostly TV because I get socializing and sex done and TV makes me lol with the likes of Metalocalypse,Harvey Bridman,Robot CHicken,Family guy, South park and Conan o'Brien.
Quote by Oli_88
I don't really watch TV unless it's Top Gear, Stargate or the news.
More just for background noise.

You keep the tv on for background noise?

Great job on murdering the earth with your bare hands.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
I'm one of those types who never picks up a book.
I do my fair share of reading on cereal boxes.

I don't watch too much TV, infact barely any. The only broadcasted TV I watch is in the morning when I'm eating breakfast. The rest is all downloaded episodes of Fresh prince, family guy, american dad, heroes and other stuff. I only really watch them when I'm eating a meal because... gotta do something whilst I eat.
Except the dramas, I watch them because I'm hooked to them.
I don't like to read much, and I really hate TV, and like ^ I sometimes keep it for background noise.
my tv is broke since july or august. i dont care because i hate watching tv....
For the past 4 or so years I've been preaching against T.V.
It does not get you many friends.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
TV but usually not the shows they put on, DVDs are the ultimate in entertainment.
Quote by Seryaph
You keep the tv on for background noise?

Great job on murdering the earth with your bare hands.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

I cannot stand silence. At all.
It's too quiet reading. I do agree with more TV=unhappiness though.
Sig space available, give me some praise
I literally NEVER watch tv. I never really did. I was a computer gamer rather than console gamers, save for when I was 9 and younger. I always preferred to sit on the computer. I sit on this thing all day but it's very interactive. I'm talking with you good people, sometimes, and then I look up a trillion guitar tabs everyday too, watch insane videos people from all over the world post about themselves, politics, and others, get a few news articles in everyday about this that and the other thing, read about crazy scientific experiments going on all over the place, look up skateboards and guitars I can't afford, and download tons of albums as well as recently released films to pass my hours.

**** a tv.
The times they are a changin'.....
Yes sex is funner than watching TV... Now both at the same time.. That's magic.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
It's a bit of a ****ty study really. They have found a correlation. Well done. What about all the hidden variables? They didn't even mention those.

Lrn2science.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by agreth_3rd
I love to do both. It annoys me when people say that watching the box is mind numbing. It really depends on what you watch. There are some genuinely good TV shows out there. Sure, if you're watching crappy midday talk shows and soaps, this theory might be true.

its true basically no matter what. Just set up a camera on someone watching TV for like 2 hours. Watch the vid. You'll think it's a still shot half the time
TV sucks
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I like tv, but I'm very selective of what I watch, and usually watch it on my computer so I don't succumb to "watching whatever's on" syndrome.

I love to read, I've got such a massive stack of unread books I really need to get through, I've been putting everything else on hold until I finish The Dark Tower. I need to know how that plays out before I can be happy reading anything else.