okay here is the deal...im gonna change the tubes in my windsor...im ignorant to this proccess....so wat is this whole biasing deal when you wanna change tubes?...also what tubes would be good?...well of course im looking for tubes that give me some mooooore headroom ...and well an upgrade in general.

also im gonna change the humbuckers in my SG...for the neck i need a really low output pickup but that still sounds good (seymour duncan jazz maybe?)...for the bridge im thinking a seymour duncan sh-11 or sh-14...i dont know yet...which ones do you think i should get?

thank you
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
www.eurotubes.com - JJ tubes are some of the most popular and what I use.
www.groovetubes.com - Also popular but used more so by higher gain players.
www.rubytubes.com - Some people live by them - I hate them.

I have the chrome plated set of Seymour Duncan Humbuckers in my Les Paul and they sound really good. Give you a lot of tone variations with the tone knob on the guitar - the slightest tweak can alter your sound dramatically.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
its just for cleans because i switch to the neck pickup when i play cleans which has the volume knob rolled down, and even then is not as clean as id like it to be (peavey windsor)...thats why i want a humbucker with low ouput and tubes with heaaaadroom

EDIT: also i looked at dougtubes.com and they only have JJ E34L and the description is:

In Stock. Same as the EL34, but with 20% more headroom than the EL34. Older stock, older style pins.

sounds pretty good to me because of the headroom **** but would those work as EL34?

also what the **** is biasinggg? its killing meee
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Last edited by Otsugua713 at Nov 18, 2008,
For the Windsor I use Svetlana El34's and they sound great. They are meant more for a classic rock type tone. They have a slightly more pronounced mid range, but are nice in the lows and highs as well.
It's my belief that if you buy a matched pair of power tubes biasing isn't needed. If you do have it biased it will get a slight bit more tone, but isn't "required" if you use a matched pair of power tubes.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
anyone else has any idea?...is biasing needed if i buy a matched quad of tubes?...how about the JJ E34L question?

thanks in advance
I would think E34L's require a bit of a bias adjustment.

I would go with Svetlanas. You shouldn't need to bias with this head, I haven't seen any evidence from it; one guy on an HC Review said that he called Peavey and they said it didn't need to be biased...So yeah.

As far as more headroom, I wouldn't worry about it. The problem with its cleans lies in the preamp section's circuit, not in the power tubes.
Stick the Shugang in V2 of the preamp.
okay...so:

Pickups:

-SH-14 Bridge
-Duncan jazz for neck

Tubes:

-4 Svetlanas EL34
-3 Shugang 12AX7

sounds good?

opinions would be greatly appreciated
yeah i was thinking that too but somewhere i read that the jazz has less output than the 59'...i dont know...what do you think about the tube combo?

EDIT: oh okay...any special reason why get 2 tungsols and 1 of the other one?...and i still can combine pre amp tubes without biasing right?
any special reason why get 2 Tungsols and 1 Shugang?...and i still can combine pre amp tubes without biasing right?

also how do i know wich one is the V2 of the pre-amp section?

aaaand i really appreciate all the help you are giving me
Preamp tubes never need biasing.

The Shugang would really only make a difference in the tube that's specialized in your OD. Maybe even 2 Shugang's, in V2 and V3. Not sure how the Windsor uses its preamp tubes.
For example, in my Traynor YCV40, V1 is more for the clean channel, V2 is for the OD, and V3 is more for reverb.

V1 should be the one closest to your power tubes, I believe. Checking the manual should confirm. I'm trying to read it, but Adobe is being stupid as hell.

To elaborate on my pickup rec, the Jazz doesn't handle OD as well as the other two, for one thing. The SH-1 is brighter than the Jazz, and the Alnico II Pro is smoother than the Jazz and has a spongier response.
alrighttt well thanks a lot for all your help
hey man sorry to bother you again but when ordering from dougtubes.com they give me the option to chose between early, late or average distortion when picking the EL34 tubes...what does that mean? does it make a difference? if so which one do you think would suite be better?

thanks a lot