Page 1 of 7
Why isn't there a ****ing reggae forum? BAD BRAINS rules. Although I guess they aren't really considered reggae, more hardcore or something. Whatever, talk about the Brains, and come on, where can I find some tabs man!

UP THE BAD BRAINS!
The times they are a changin'.....
Bad Brains are pretty good, I like them. The whole homophobia thing does put me off a little though.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
They've talked about that recently.

Also, the hardcore forum would probably be a better place for this but yeah, good band.
Bad Brains wrote Banned In D.C. and Pay To Cum and therefore they can do no wrong in my eyes. If homophobia made me write music that good I'd punch a fag before every show.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Yeah, they're a great band, but just like everyone else has said that homophobia stuff isn't cool. I like Pay To C*m
If I cut off your arms, and I cut off your legs, would you still love me, anyway?
About a year ago they used to be my favorite band. Then I realized that they're homophobic assholes and all their music besides their hardcore stuff (meaning their reggae, metal, etc.) sucks.
I like this BAND and their MUSIC.

That is all...
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
they suck too...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Bad Brains are the only band to come from the DC Hardcore scene that I find musically interesting at all.

That said, I still don't like them (aside from Sail On) and their homophobic. So bleh.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
Bad Brains are the only band to come from the DC Hardcore scene that I find musically interesting at all.
You don't like Minor Threat?
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by Jett Diamond
Not even a little

This saddens me. Nor Fugazi?

Oh and I don't really like Bad Brains much
Minor Threat rules.

Bad Brains are pretty good.

blah blah homophobia blah
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
can someone please tell me what this homophonia thing with BB is all about? i've never even heard of them doing it b4.
Quote by prplhazed
This saddens me. Nor Fugazi?

Oh and I don't really like Bad Brains much

I don't like Fugazi either--I never meant to hurt you.
DOWN&OUT
Their music is fucking fantastic.

Btw, Darell denounced his former homophobia as childish and stupid, so he seems like a koo' guy.

Jack my swag
Quote by Ugly's_Nephew
can someone please tell me what this homophonia thing with BB is all about? i've never even heard of them doing it b4.

HR supposedly told Dave Dictor from MDC to "go to hell you bloodclot faggot"

Also, I don't really like how some people think it's soooo cool how they're part of a big dumb zionist religion.

They did make some pretty cool music, but they never really caught my interest much.
Quote by sargasm

Also, I don't really like how some people think it's soooo cool how they're part of a big dumb zionist religion.

They did make some pretty cool music, but they never really caught my interest much.

Wasn't there also that interview where H.R. went on about killing all the faggots in LA or something?
DOWN&OUT
Quote by sargasm

He told that to the guy from the Big Boys I think.

Jack my swag
Oh yeah, I think you're right. I've had it in my head that it was Dave Dictor for so long.

all dem hommaseckshuls luk da same ter me
Quote by sargasm
I've had it in my head that it was Dave Dictor for so long.

Ya, they're both from Texas.

Jack my swag
Quote by Jett Diamond
I don't like Fugazi either--I never meant to hurt you.

Dag Nasty?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Dag Nasty?

er, no...they're just kind of bland, in my humble opinion.
DOWN&OUT
I like Fugazi and Minor Threat. I hate Embrace though. And the Evans.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I like everything Ian Mackaye related.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i think I Against I is there best work, secret 77 songs like that, his vocal melodies are off da hook.
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
Quote by gopherthegreat
He told that to the guy from the Big Boys I think.

Yeah, apparently he didn't pay him or something and he left that note.
Quote by Italy's Finest
UP THE BAD BRAINS!

Anyone else find it odd that he mocked himself?

Jack my swag
I think Bad Brains' debut is the best Hardcore Punk album ever.

the ****'s just so intense, it never grows old on me. I love the reaggee too, i don't even like the genre that much, I just love the transaction from insane, fast songs, to a slow chill song that you can rest on.

I'm sure this band was ****ing amazing live in the early years.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by StreetLight3989
Yeah, apparently he didn't pay him or something and he left that note.

They spray painted it on his house I think. I might need to double check that, though.

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
They spray painted it on his house I think. I might need to double check that, though.

Yeah, I'm not sure on the exact story, I thought it was something about that note and not paying Big Boys for something.
Quote by Wikipedia
During a 1982 tour, Bad Brains played in Austin, TX with local band Big Boys, whose singer Randy Turner was homosexual. They also incurred a debt to Turner, with some sources indicating the debt was from loaning Bad Brains money, others indicating the debt was from Turner buying the band marijuana. When H.R. learned that Turner was homosexual, an argument erupted, with a particularly heated exchange between H.R. and MDC singer Dave Dictor, who is also homosexual, leading to Bad Brains leaving Austin without repaying their debt to Turner and instead leaving a note that allegedly read "burn in hell, bloodclot faggot" and vandalizing Turner's house.

Apparently what happened is a mix of what all of us said.

Jack my swag
Quote by RizzoWashburn

I like Embrace, dare I say, more than Rites of Spring. And I like Rites of Spring.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
I like Rites of Spring more than Embrace. I've heard that One Last Wish are better than both, but I can't find their album anywhere!