so my laptop sucks for playing games, and i would really much enjoy being able to put a better graphics card in there. only probly is that everybody keeps saying A) its impossible to do and B) that i'd have to crack the case, voiding my warranty on it

so is there any way at all to be able to get better graphics on my lappy without destroying it, buying a new one, or spending zillions of dollars?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
I assume you mean that you have integrated graphics. If the problem is that you cannot even run games that need better graphics, then do this.

Go to control panel > hardware and sound > device manager, and expand 'display adapters'. Tell me what model the chipset is, and I might have a passable solution to it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
You could overclock your GPU [graphic processing unit] but it's dangerous, they get hot easily. Umm...The only thing you can do is when you're playing games is to lower the quality to the lowest setting possible to avoid lag.
But getting better graphics there isn't much except replacing your Graphics Card.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Chances are its an integrated chipset and if it is then you're screwed. Integrated means the video card is built into the motherboard. So theres no extra room in your laptop to stick a giant beast of a Graphics Card. You'd have to buy a whole new motherboard with a really nice (but still sub-par) integrated GPU. The price of a new mobo for a laptop is high. Plus the additional parts you would need to buy to make sure everything was still compatible you're basically a few hundred dollars short of a desktop that has all the room in the world for expansion. So integrated GPU = Owned.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
^which is why everyone is saying it's impossible to do. You're either gonna have to lower the graphics quality or get a new laptop, sorry.
ive already lowered allt he graphics on my games, and they still play like poopoo, but my chipset thingy says: NVIDIA MCP67M

i know my laptop wasnt made for gaming, but when you got 2 hours in between classes, you get bored easily...i just dont want to do anything that will completely jack up my laptop though.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Yea theres not really anything you can do with that besides lower the settings on the game and on the Nvidia control panel if you have that. Right click the desktop and it should be an option if you do.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
64mb? Bloody hell.

Can't help you man, sorry.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
well. this is the pit, so. barrel roll.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
There is no technology out on the market right now that efficiently upgrades laptop graphics, so you're pretty much stuck with whatever you got. If you want to play today's games, you need to buy a high end laptop such as MacBook Pro or XPS, which come with 9600 and 8600 respectively.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
There is no technology out on the market right now that efficiently upgrades laptop graphics, so you're pretty much stuck with whatever you got. If you want to play today's games, you need to buy a high end laptop such as MacBook Pro or XPS, which come with 9600 and 8600 respectively.

Ugh, you're a Mac boy?

And to think I really respected you...
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
Ugh, you're a Mac boy?

And to think I really respected you...

:P

I'm not a Mac fanboy. I do think MacBook Pro's are the best laptops on the market, but I like custom built computers for desktops.

Now put that sordino back on your mouth.

ohh snapzz

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana