Can anybody tell me what the differences are between these two models? I'm about to buy one of the two but can't really figure out what makes the 200 "better" than the 100.

thanks!
Quote by 1500 meanstreak
Can anybody tell me what the differences are between these two models? I'm about to buy one of the two but can't really figure out what makes the 200 "better" than the 100.

thanks!

The DR200 has a solid spruce top while the 100 has a "select" spruce top. Which one is better? Obviously the solid one as the other is laminated. It'll age better(sound better over time). If you've got the money for the 200, get it.
Quote by LeftyDave
The DR200 has a solid spruce top while the 100 has a "select" spruce top. Which one is better? Obviously the solid one as the other is laminated. It'll age better(sound better over time). If you've got the money for the 200, get it.

hhmm, I may be just confused but I was under the impression that the DR-200S had the solid top and the regular DR-200 does not. The one I'm thinking of ordering is ebony and all the info I can find on the net indicates it is also select spruce, basically the same description is given for both the 100 and the 200. weird?
Actually, my info is from the main Epiphone site, and it was the DR-200S that I was referring to. Their information is a bit sketchy, so just pay close attention to the wording and you'll be fine.
well, you would just have to assume it's better put together to last longer or something. I wish they had lots more info and pictures available! thanks for the input guys