I'm getting paid on the 28th and after I've bought Christmas presents, alcohol and some other important ****, I should have a couple of hundred left, So right now I'm thinking of buying some new pedals.
I play mostly metal and a little bit of rock, I'm kind of leaning towards something like Guns N' Roses at the moment and I have an Electro Harmonix fetish.
What pedals do you recommend I should try out?
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
A couple hundred? Buy a tube amp in place of the MG (ew) and buy an overdrive. All the gain/tone you'll ever need.
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
I agree with Striped_Monkey5, Get a tube amp.
Get an Equalizer, preferably a boss Ge7 or something similar.
Buy a Boss DS-1
and a Wahwah
and you're sorted =)
Gear:
Fender Strat American Deluxe,
Halfsize Custom Electro-acoustic
Yamaha Classical
Tanglewood Dreadnought

10w Marshall
120w Line 6 Spider II
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

Yamaha Digital Piano
Yamaha Keyboard
Tortex picks don't come in .78

I would say buy a better amp, but if you just want a pedal... buy a wah if you want to sound like slash.

Quote by ShreddyVanhalen
Buy a Boss DS-1
and a Wahwah
and you're sorted =)

You don't want a DS-1 with a tube amp, you want a nice overdrive. A TS9 or a hardwire tube overdrive (CM2) would do you nicely.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
Quote by ShreddyVanhalen
Buy a Boss DS-1
and a Wahwah
and you're sorted =)

Boss creates to much hum, but thats just me. If he wants distortion and wants to be versatile (sp?) I think he should get a B-52 combo amp with the foot controller, and if he needs any extra gain for what ever reason, throw a maxon overdrive, or an Ibanez tubescreamer.
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X
Tortex picks don't come in .78

I would say buy a better amp, but if you just want a pedal... buy a wah if you want to sound like slash.

You don't want a DS-1 with a tube amp, you want a nice overdrive. A TS9 or a hardwire tube overdrive (CM2) would do you nicely.

I checked and I got it wrong, it's .88mm lol, the numbers have faded off all my picks, I was close lol
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
I had a tube screamer once and I didn't really like it that much, but then again it might have had something to do with my crappy amp.
I might buy a new amp like others have suggested.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
yeah, tubescreamers (overdrives) don't sound to well with solid state amps. But on tube amps they tighten up the sound, and push the gain, sounds very..... sexy
Quote by Birchall17
I checked and I got it wrong, it's .88mm lol, the numbers have faded off all my picks, I was close lol

Indeed you were

They come in .73 and .88, so you just kind of meshed two numbers

I clearly have nothing more to add to this thread.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!