Can anyone think of any atmospheric rock/metal bands to recommend me?

I don't want to hear people saying Isis, Cult of Luna, Primordial, Devin Townsend etc.
And NOT Agalloch (they're overrated).
...recommend me something I haven't heard before!
I don't know if this is what you're thinking of, but 10 Years is a band that really focuses on sound and atmosphere and making a cohesive song rather than solos and generic patterns.

You've probably heard of them on the radio, they've had big hits, but the best way to see what I'm talking about with the atmosphere thing would be to listen to an album.
Where is Dirk Lance?
Quote by Metamorphoses

I don't want to hear people saying Isis, Cult of Luna, Primordial, Devin Townsend etc.

dude....weak.

Try Pelican or Drudkh, hope you don't find either band "over-rated"
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
no I don't find them over-rated, just not as familiar with their material as I am the others. I have TND, and the only song that stood out to me on a first listen is Coffin Ships. Admitted, I should probably listen to them more, but I need to be in the right mood.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by Metamorphoses

The recommendation thread, stickied at the top of the page. Use it.

But to answer your question:

Drudkh
Walknut
The Morningside
In Mourning
Hate Forest
Burzum
Early Enslaved
Early Ulver
Wolves In The Throne Room
Last edited by Broadsword at Nov 18, 2008,
Sunn O))) have a very intense atmosphere on occasion. ersonally makes me feel like I'm in a ritual every time I listen to them. Early Enslaved,Vikingligr Veldi, is worth a listen aswell. Drudkh like Progbass and BS have mentioned is an EXCELLENT choice. Arcturus is also atmospheric but they're also avant-garde, but I have no idea what you want.

It all really depends on your definition of "atmosphere" though. Cynic makes me feel like I'm aboard an alien spacecraft and their "atmosphere" is spacey and futuristic at times. It all depends on what you're looking for.
Quote by Broadsword
The recommendation thread, stickied at the top of the page. Use it.

But to answer your question:

Drudkh
Walknut
The Morningside
In Mourning
Hate Forest
Burzum
Early Enslaved
Early Ulver
Wolves In The Room

It's "Wolves in the Throne Room". Good band.
I'll add Blut aus Nord to the list.
Quote by Nightfyre
It's "Wolves in the Throne Room". Good band.
I'll add Blut aus Nord to the list.

Fuck, first time I've ever made that typo haha.
Ah, Archaicus.

You should look into some ambient and/or depressive black metal, then. Drudkh, Walknut, Wolves In The Throne Room, Forteresse, Burzum, are worth checking out especially.
Quote by Metamorphoses
I was thinking of atmospheric like this band:
http://www.myspace.com/archaicus

Anyone think of any that sound like that?

In that case, I'll reaffirm my suggestion of Blut aus Nord and agree with the above poster 100%.
Quote by dminishedthingy
adding Dormant, Mortifera, Alcest, and Caina

also, fail

I lol'd.

Check out Negura Bunget, The Monolith Deathcult (more atmospheric than most death metal), Gojira, and Moonsorrow.
Urfast
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Ich Hatt’ Einen Kameraden
Gräuen Pestanz
A Silver Mount Zion
Lurker of Chalice
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Urfaust
Gräuen Pestanz

win.

on my part,

PAYSAGE D'HIVER

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Disembowelment
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Under A Funeral Moon era Darkthrone. Yeah you might think WTF at first, but this album has some of the most compelling atmosphere of evil from any Scandinavian band ever (besides maybe Beherit.)
Quote by metal Lover
Under A Funeral Moon era Darkthrone. Yeah you might think WTF at first, but this album has some of the most compelling atmosphere of evil from any Scandinavian band ever (besides maybe Beherit.)

Yeah. But, not the sort of atmospheric I'm talking about. A difference between "Atmospheric" genre bands than bands that simply have an "atmosphere", if you understand what I mean.
Quote by Psychopathology
Rosetta?

Yeah, this is a bit more like it! I like this band. Not so keen on those vocals, but it's still a good band.