Okay well, Ive been saving up for a while to get one but whats the best one? I want to be able to use it live.

Ive heard that the Digitech Jamman has an problem getting the loop on time by delaying the loop around 1/8 each time

electro-harmonix 2880 Super Multi-Track Looper
looks nice but seems to complicated, I don't think i could even use it live
plus its 550 after you get both pedal board and the pedal itself

Is there a good one that works equally good?

I was thinking maybe getting a boss looper 20?
I have a Boss unit that works great! It will store up to 5 minutes of loops on 10 different channels. That is 5 min total.
Quote by youalreadydid
Ive heard that the Digitech Jamman has an problem getting the loop on time by delaying the loop around 1/8 each time

Well I've never had said problem with my JamMan that's for sure.

I've tried the Boss RC-2, RC-20, and Digitech JamMan and I can honestly say that the JamMan is the best of those 3 (IMO at least). In all honesty I didn't even consider the JamMan originally. I just wanted something small, compact, and basic. So I was originally looking at the RC-2. But I didn't find it very intuitive at all. And having only a single pedal to start, stop, and record loops proved annoying.

I figured I might as well just go for one of the "bigger" looper pedals. They had way more features than I really needed, but I really wanted something a little more seamless and user-friendly. The JamMan fit that bill quite nicely. And the 6.5 hours of loop storage is pretty nice too. Never really have to delete anything. I highly recommend it. But that being said, you should still try out all the other ones you have your eye on as well and see which one you like best.
Last edited by Erkekjetter at Nov 18, 2008,
Quote by youalreadydid
I think you are referring to the eight note quantization. I believe that you are able to switch that on and off. If you have it on then the tempo of the Jamman has to be set correctly.
If you just need a looper for riffing, without saving anything... get the single pedal RC-2. You can add a foot-switch to it later an basically turn it into an RC-20. The 20 isn't worth it IMO.

If you want to do a one-man-band type thing, definitely the Jamman.

The Jamman has USB connectivity. That's huge. When you plug it into your computer, it shows up as a hard-drive. You can copy anything to and from the save banks.. so you can incorporate any .wav file into your live sound (this is also a good for recording guitar without having to be attached to your computer).

You can record to the Boss' aux input, but it's not drag and drop.. you'd have to initiate a playback to dump something down to the it.

There is a weird delay sometimes, but usually if the loop is too short (under 3 second I think).

I bought both the Jamman and the Boss RC-20 for evaluation. I returned the Boss.
I'm a big fan of the Akai Headrush (or I am after watching KT Tunstall use one effectively).