Poll: What do I do with my hair?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do I do with my hair?
Cut it.
59 38%
Dreadl0x.
29 18%
Keep it long, maybe trim it, get professional hair help.
69 44%
Voters: 157.
Page 1 of 2
My hair. It took almost 4 years to grow to the length it is now (a few inches below the shoulders, onto the chest), and I really like it. Unfortunately it's the hardest hair to take care of and at these longer lengths it's really hard to keep it from being frizzy and messy and generally making me look like I just got out of bed. So I've decided (sort of) to cut it.

For a while I wanted to dread it but I've decided to wait until I grow it back out again. I'm kind of still thinking of doing it, but the main reason against it is that I'm really trying to get a job and if my hair is a rat's nest for the next few months, and then dreadlocks later, that's going to rule out a lot of possible jobs.

And I'm afraid that when I cut it I'll look younger and more chubby lol. So here is my current looks - minus the facial hair I now have - let me know what you think I should do (poll coming):

Myspace pic lol.
We're only strays.
You have teh man bewbs LOLOLOL

I say dread it, if it sucks then cut it.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Just cut it man, we all have to; eventually.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
My friend had hair quite a bit longer than yours and he cut it off for charity. Do that.
same posistion but ive got overgrown scene-ish hair...

short n spikey for me man maybe same for you

sexyyy fella
Im quite proud of that LOL

Quote by Unreal445
i found it funny that the pit reported it faster than sky news

Beneath The Fallen
Quote by Tom_hatton
My friend had hair quite a bit longer than yours and he cut it off for charity. Do that.

I dunno if I want to do that to someone.
We're only strays.
Go to a hair stylist everyone once in a while dude, if you can of course, brush it a lot so it doesn't get tangled, I'd honestly not cut it, and like put it in a pony tail or something since you like it so much, just so that the job thing becomes a little easier.
I actually think it looks alright...

And if you think that they're manboobs, you should see mine.
I own an Orange Amp.
Fuck aye Dai.
Quote by DeuceMortius

Can we?
meh. man just cut it. and if your that worried about it. Do something crazy with it like i did. i had hair longer than that, and i shaved off both sides (basically a really long mohawk) but i left it down. didnt put it up but once and it took 45 mins and alot of gel. after a while itl wear down on ya and youl just be like meh cut it t.t

And if your worried about your looks. get over it. Dont worry about what others think of you. Be yourself and love it. K?
Live the way you want ^^

Tis all i have to say. for now.
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Dont cut it man! I cut mine a few years back because it was a pain in the ass, and her I am going through the painstaking process of growing it back again. Who cares what it looks like, it's rock'n Roll man!
That took 4 years? I could have that in a couple of months. Just get it the way you like.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by DeuceMortius
I actually think it looks alright...

Pics or GTFO!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Wiirdo
That took 4 years? I could have that in a couple of months. Just get it the way you like.

Yeah that's why I'm so apprehensive about cutting it. I'll be closing in on my 30's by the time it gets back to this length lol.
We're only strays.
i have similar problems. my hair goes really curly at the bottom where it sits on my shoulders.

i need to make time in the mornings to actually straighten it... with my sister's ghd's...

*runs and hides*
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
i have similar problems. my hair goes really curly at the bottom where it sits on my shoulders.

i need to make time in the mornings to actually straighten it... with my sister's ghd's...

You think it's bad you use your sisters (very good) straightners? You don't want to see all the hair products on my desk...
You've got slow hair, just leave it dude, you'll regret it and most likely commit suicide if you cut it.
it took you 4 years to grow your hair that long?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by rhysm
it took you 4 years to grow your hair that long?

Yes. I think maybe because before that, the longest it ever got was below 2 inches. Maybe now it will grow faster after being long for so long.

EDIT: Oh and that was some months ago, add about 2 inches with your imagination.
We're only strays.
You grow slow hair, weird. I went from being bald last Novemebr to having shoulder lenght hair this November.

I'd probably just cut it 1/4th the way to clean it up.
lol i thought you were a girl until i saw the facial hair comment, still not sure

also, i was expecting a much more entertaining thread than this.
I just cut it after 9 freaking years, just do it man. thats the only way. I was scared ****less too but it changes your whole face (in a good way) and feels good to have something new. TRUSSST ME i was there a few months ago but decided to cut it all. I'll post pictures later when i get home.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

EDIT: Oh and that was some months ago, add about 2 inches with your imagination.

That's what I tell the ladies.
i JUST had mine trimmed a week ago and it looks great, but i really need a job, and i may only be able to get one at autobell, and you have to have a buzzed head to work there
Get regular trims to keep it even and free of split ends. Also, depending on how willing you are to spend money, use better shampoo and conditioner. Maybe a leave-in conditioner or serum could even help your case.
get an awesome haircut like arnie:

Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

I stopped reading when you said "hair".
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Hair threads should equal perma ban, and Zapp should hack your root hints so that every web URL redirects to a gay pride site.

Edit:

And one more thing, I totally thought this was going to be about ripping ass in public. What a let down.
Last edited by denizenz at Nov 18, 2008,
donate it if you cut it
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
I say dreadlocks, no seriously, they're ****ing awesome. I know a guy who has them and they rock.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
I cut mine after 3-4 years of growing it out (it was a little below my shoulders). I dont regret it at all, it's so much easier to take care of. I'd say go for it, a little change can't hurt.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Yes. I think maybe because before that, the longest it ever got was below 2 inches. Maybe now it will grow faster after being long for so long.

I find that the more you trim it the faster it grows, especially if its thick.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Page 1 of 2