Poll: Should I get a new car which I can't afford?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I get a new car which I can't afford?
keep the car
18 22%
rob a bank and buy a new car
64 78%
Voters: 82.
Page 1 of 2
Okay so my car developed a fuel leak three weeks ago, leaving me stranded. I made a thread on here about it.

Well it happened again last night, except worse. I don't know if the leak was from the same spot, but this is ridiculous. Fortunately enough I had just arrived home when it started. But now I'm stuck without a car again.

So basically, pit, do I need a new car?

I can't afford gas for my car's tank (let alone gas that pours out onto the ground), so I definitely can't afford a new car.

What should I do?
signatures are budget.
What a bitch, just today a couple hours ago I was riding a Cadillac and the damn thing died on me as well! Bummer.

And yes, get a new car mofo.
UG's most Die Hard Rock n' Roller, hands down.

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll.
Rust In Piece...

Poor car

Didn't stand a chance in life....

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Give it a proper burial.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Well it sounds like you drive alot so yeah I would recommend getting a new car just so you have something reliable to get you around.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by frigginjerk
GET THE CAR FIXED

that way, it won't leak, and you won't need to spend all your money on a new car.

Yeah good point but sometimes it ends up costing as much as the car just to get a problem like that fixed.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
duct tape?? Seriously tho replace your fuel tank. just let it sit there and take the cap off so it can air out some more fumes fora couple days, then drop it and put in a new one.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Quote by bob vila
duct tape?? Seriously tho replace your fuel tank. just let it sit there and take the cap off so it can air out some more fumes fora couple days, then drop it and put in a new one.

Yeah, well done he can't afford gas for his car but he should just go and put a new fuel tank in 'cause ya know, there's a huge amount of them just lying around waiting for you to pick up...

Then again, he can't even afford gas for his car so what difference does it make whether he keeps it or not? He's not going anywhere.
Quote by frigginjerk
GET THE CAR FIXED

that way, it won't leak, and you won't need to spend all your money on a new car.

Well I already DID get it fixed, and the same thing happened 3 weeks later. That's the problem.

I do plan on getting it fixed though. and bob vila, it's not the tank. It's the lines themselves. It only leaks when the fuel lines are pressurized, IE the car is running.

But I drive about half an hour one way every day to get to school, and not only that, I need to get to work. I would have missed my first shift at my new job tonight if it wasn't for generous people in my program at school giving me a ride home.
signatures are budget.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah good point but sometimes it ends up costing as much as the car just to get a problem like that fixed.

Well, you won't know until you get someone to take a look at your car and give you a quote.

edit: ^ in that case, get a new one.
Either try and resell it, or scrap it probably worth more if you scrap it.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Empty all the gas out. Let it dry and then seal it. It will last you until your next inspection.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
get a bicycle?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by rhysm
get a bicycle?

I have a bicycle, but it's a bit impractical in the Canadian winter, when it's a half-hour drive each morning for 8:30 class.
signatures are budget.
Quote by Kenny_Fever
I have a bicycle, but it's a bit impractical in the Canadian winter, when it's a half-hour drive each morning for 8:30 class.

touche, better get your car fixed then.
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by rhysm
touche, better get your car fixed then.

Even if he pays to get it fixed, he can't afford gas, he said that in the first post, so like I said before, he's not going anywhere...

TS save your money and take the bus.
Quote by Thepoison92
Yeah, well done he can't afford gas for his car but he should just go and put a new fuel tank in 'cause ya know, there's a huge amount of them just lying around waiting for you to pick up...

Then again, he can't even afford gas for his car so what difference does it make whether he keeps it or not? He's not going anywhere.

Well done sir, you obviously don't turn wrenches often. Ever hear of a junk yard?

To kenny, fuel lines can be tricky but it's do-able.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Quote by bob vila
Well done sir, you obviously don't turn wrenches often. Ever hear of a junk yard?

To kenny, fuel lines can be tricky but it's do-able.

No, you're right I don't, I'm busy studying or laying in bed in chronic pain, ass.
Jack the car up and go looking for the leak. Chances are its on the bottom and it will be visable.

Its simply a case of plugging that hole up, theres a special gunk you use that doesnt contaminate your fuel or degrade when petrol comes into contact with it.

I forget its name, its probably called something different anyway over your way.
When we got the car on the tow truck, the driver had a look for me. He tried to fix it up for me, but his idea didn't work, and he got covered in gas. So we figured it would be better just to leave it to the mechanics to do it.

About not being able to afford gas, I didn't mean that literally. I don't have much money, and hopefully my new job will fix that, but I start tonight, and if it wasn't for the one woman in my program who's giving me a ride back, I'd be screwed.
signatures are budget.
fuel leaks aren't hard to fix yourself if you're willing to spend 3 or 400 bucks. less than a new car
My car is a PIECE OF ****!
Wanna drive you off a cliff
Watch you crash into a ravine
For the things you did to me, you...

STUPID CAR!
I wanna make myself a pipe bomb
Blow your damn engine back to hell
Where I know you're from.

Piece of CRAP!
You aren't even worth the tow
To a junkyard or a place
Where you'd sit and lay to waste, I...

WISH YOU'D DIE!
Oh never mind, you always do.
Could you tell me how much longer it will be
Until I'm rid of you?

I think my clutch cable has just gone on mine. Wont come out of neutral, can only pop it into first when engine is off, then can only drive in first.

Please tell me it's the cable? If the gearbox is broke, i'm gonna hang myself with some socks.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
My car is a PIECE OF ****!
Wanna drive you off a cliff
Watch you crash into a ravine
For the things you did to me, you...

STUPID CAR!
I wanna make myself a pipe bomb
Blow your damn engine back to hell
Where I know you're from.

Piece of CRAP!
You aren't even worth the tow
To a junkyard or a place
Where you'd sit and lay to waste, I...

WISH YOU'D DIE!
Oh never mind, you always do.
Could you tell me how much longer it will be
Until I'm rid of you?

Super brutal brutality.

And TS, get a new car. Get a 90's Toyota.
We're only strays.
Quote by MightyAl
Why don't you get it fixed?

yeah guy you could buy a whole new fuel system for the price of another piece of sh*t car....fix the damn thing
Quote by Kenny_Fever
Okay so my car developed a fuel leak three weeks ago, leaving me stranded. I made a thread on here about it.

Well it happened again last night, except worse. I don't know if the leak was from the same spot, but this is ridiculous. Fortunately enough I had just arrived home when it started. But now I'm stuck without a car again.

So basically, pit, do I need a new car?

I can't afford gas for my car's tank (let alone gas that pours out onto the ground), so I definitely can't afford a new car.

What should I do?

get a new gas tank. problem solved.
Quote by Lethal Dosage

yeah theres always a problem with the alignment which ends up costin you a few grand...even when your there for like a flat tire...

>_<
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Super brutal brutality.

And TS, get a new car. Get a 90's Toyota.

+96587
Quote by ccam555
get a new gas tank. problem solved.

Yeah not quite. As I've explained already, the problem is not in the gas tank. It's in the fuel lines. The fuel only leaks when the lines are pressurized, IE, when the engine is running.

And my car is a '94 Mercury Grand Marquis.

I think I've decided that my next car will be a Volkswagen though.
signatures are budget.
Quote by Moggan13
I think my clutch cable has just gone on mine. Wont come out of neutral, can only pop it into first when engine is off, then can only drive in first.

Please tell me it's the cable? If the gearbox is broke, i'm gonna hang myself with some socks.

look at your slave cylinder which disengages the clutch at the transmission. typically they are mounted to the outside of the transmission. there should be a resivoir to fill the clutch fluid, if thats dry you need to fill it up and watch for where the leak comes from. you probably need a new slave cylinder or a new line going to the slave.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Page 1 of 2