Hey pit, I recently "acquired" some movies on my computer (it's for a project, if you must know), but for some reason I can't figure out how to get them to play. If I open them in Windows Media Player, it just plays the audio track with the visualizer thing going, no actual video. I tried playing them with Quicktime, but it said I needed some plug-in or something and just froze up. Please help me!
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Sounds like your trying to play .avi files The quickest way to do this would be just to download the Video lan player totally for free http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
It will play just about anything including DvDs which is pretty handy
"You Shall Never Hear Surf Music Again"

Gear
Fender Telecaster with Dimarzio AirNorton/Tonezone - Coil split

Laney VC30 2X10
Orange Crush 15R
Boss DS-1
Boss SD-1
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss DD-7
Dunlop Crybaby
Carlsbro Phaser
Quote by Veraw
Sounds like your trying to play .avi files The quickest way to do this would be just to download the Video lan player totally for free http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
It will play just about anything including DvDs which is pretty handy

Yeah, they're all .avi files. I'm downloading that player you mentioned now, thanks.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
If VLC doesn't work for you then I will start to believe in global warming.
I am....making progress...
get VLC, but you'll also want to get the K-lite codec pack for quicktime. That has pretty much the same effect, and allows you to play pretty much anything.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Alright, VLC works perfectly with all the movies I need to watch. Thanks for the help guys.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Google K-Lite Codec Pack. Works like a charm.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.