I've got a project guitar that I'm mounting humbucking pickups into, but i don't have the mounting hardware. If i can't get the mounting braket hardware (BTW who would sell stuff like that?), what should i do? Is there any improvised way to mount them in there? Like screwing them in or glueing them? Help please?
Duct tape solves all.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
It all depends on a variety of things: What kind of guitar is it? What do you want to appear like (Do you actually want it to look cheap?), What kind of humbuckers? I know that brands like EMG have a parts catalog that you can order from. You could always go to Guitar Centre and see if their have their own mounting brands as well.
Quote by Senior13a11s
It all depends on a variety of things: What kind of guitar is it? What do you want to appear like (Do you actually want it to look cheap?), What kind of humbuckers? I know that brands like EMG have a parts catalog that you can order from. You could always go to Guitar Centre and see if their have their own mounting brands as well.

It's a strat, and I was kinda going for that ****ty/slapped togeather look to combat all of the RGs and Jacksons the rich kids have in my area (but they actually suck, and better gear doesn't automatically equal better player).

They are just generic humbucking naked pickups taken out of a Washburn.
i just screwed the screws directly into the wood, you can still adjust the pickup height and plus, it doesn't look that bad
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Quote by DimeDarrell666
i just screwed the screws directly into the wood, you can still adjust the pickup height and plus, it doesn't look that bad

Thin wood screws and springs out of a Biro?
no, i drilled a small hole into th bottom of the pickup cavity and used those standard pickup screws
i didn't take any springs at all
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want to know more, pm me, i can send you a pic or some explaining material
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
Quote by LP Addict
i mount my pickups with my own pubic hair/turd epoxy.

yeah i thought about that as well
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul