Very recently I've come across the band Carnage (thank you LadyHellraiser ) and I listened to the song Blastphemies Of the Flesh and absolutely fell IN LOVE with the tone. It sounds kind of similar to Obituary's tone. Any idea what set up they use?
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

low tuning > humbuckers > Boss heavy metal Pedal with everything maxed > Peavey Amp
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by COBHC6
low tuning > humbuckers > Boss heavy metal Pedal with everything maxed > Peavey Amp

No.

Not sure what Obituary uses, but a Peavey 6505 should do that.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
you can also turn your amp to face a wall when you play, it helps if you have a close back cab.

EDIT:
Quote by Green_Jelly
No.

the heavy metal pedal is what the early swedish death metal bands used for their guitar tone, my 5150 which is essentially the same as a 6505 cant get that tone.
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Last edited by COBHC6 at Nov 18, 2008,
Well, seeing as I know **** about pups and amps I was planning on buying a Jackson WRMG warrior too, think I should switch out the pick ups? If you don't know they're EMG 81/85's

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

What amp do you have now, that's going to make a bigger difference in sound compared to guitar/pickups right now.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
What amp do you have now, that's going to make a bigger difference in sound compared to guitar/pickups right now.

Currently just a walmart practice amp, which is why first and foremost I'm going for a new amp.

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx

Ah, good looks. What does your budget look like?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Up to like $1200 is possible, but I'm trying to keep it in the $700-$900 range since I'm going to buy an NS-2 noise suppresor too.

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx

Quote by Green_Jelly
No.

he is right ya know on the scene using hte boss metal pedal
That's a good price range man. For sole death metal I would go with a used 5150 or 6505 combo. No need for a stack really. Next in line are the Bugeras: 6262, 6202, 333 (I think those are the models). Used Peavey Ultras or XXX. Used Mesa single Recto....

As for a noise suppressor, I would go with a ISP Decimator. It is like 125 bucks, but one of the best NS's on the market.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals