And it was awesome!!!!besides the fact that i had the flu. (for those retards, that means influenza) i had a slight headache,my stomach felt weird(because of the bass and bass drums, the speakers and amps were huge!!!) and I was insanely tired. the irony of it all was that i had a 101.3 fever during the concert, and generally felt okay, but when i woke up this morning, my temp was 98.6 (average) and could barely get ready for the 3 1/2 hour drive home! n e 1 else have crazy concert stories???
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Angus_Junior35
And it was awesome!!!!besides the fact that i had the flu. (for those retards, that means influenza) i had a slight headache,my stomach felt weird(because of the bass and bass drums, the speakers and amps were huge!!!) and I was insanely tired. the irony of it all was that i had a 101.3 fever during the concert, and generally felt okay, but when i woke up this morning, my temp was 98.6 (average) and could barely get ready for the 3 1/2 hour drive home! n e 1 else have crazy concert stories???

awesome, what was the set list? I hope they included the new stuff like Cyanide, UnforgivenIII and end of the line...

btw if anyone is selling a Metallica ticket for MEN Arena, Manchester, let me know!!!
I saw Metallica, on the way home I threw up on a crowded train.

And by crowded I mean you could not phsyically get another person on it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Angus_Junior35
for those retards, that means influenza

Thanks, I had no idea what you were talking about...
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by libertineste808
awesome, what was the set list? I hope they included the new stuff like Cyanide, UnforgivenIII and end of the line...

btw if anyone is selling a Metallica ticket for MEN Arena, Manchester, let me know!!!

You dont seriously like the Unforgiven III do you?

awful song..
I'm going to see Metallica this weekend. I'll be on the floor in a wheelchair with a broken foot, leg, and arm. Still worth it. : )
Quote by Airdevil

awful song..

i know, i know, dont start lol.

its just a phase i think!
Quote by libertineste808

actually, I sat right in front of the tech dude, and he gave us the setlist that all of metallica had and memorized! i also got the pick James Hetfield used on stage! ill scan the list next time im on the pc.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Angus_Junior35
actually, I sat right in front of the tech dude, and he gave us the setlist that all of metallica had and memorized! i also got the pick James Hetfield used on stage! ill scan the list next time im on the pc.

cool! lucky sod!
o man I'm going in january I can't wait! unfortunately i have kinda crappy tickets
what songs did they play?
I see you're in Iowa too, not far from me (iowa city), where did you go to see it?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by Mr_Jones
They plug their bassist in? I coulda swore he was just for show...

I know!

shame though, Trujillo is a god, he's what made Suicidal Tendencies
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
When Metallica was in Stockholm 2007, at an old outdoor-arena called "Stadion", there was some guys who tried to sneak in. I didn't have tickets so I stood outside, without being able to see the band, only hear them.

Anyway, the area where Stadion is, is surrounded with a fence (about 1 ½ meters high)s ort of, that has very sharp points on it (like a spear or something). A guy tried to climb over the fence and got his foot pierced by one of these sharp points. He went to the hospital with an ambulance after that.

There were more guys trying to sneak in. There was two who climbed up, and one landed successfully, while the other landed on his stomach (ow!). A security guard came and tried to stop them, but they ran over him and into the arena!

EDIT: I'll see them for real when they come to Stockholm again. I think they are the first metal band to ever enter the biggest indoor arena we have - the globe.
So that's really cool, guess Live Nation figured Metallica deserves a larger place.
Last edited by VikingMetalhead at Nov 18, 2008,
I'm seeing them tonight. I hope I can get a camera in.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
One night I saw Municipal Waste with Special guest Toxic Holocaust. I met Joel Grind at the shirt booth which was awesome to begin with.

After the actual show, Toxic Holocaust was playing an after show at a small bar with a few local punk-thrash bands. At the aftershow, me and the new friends I met shared a couple beers with Joel Grind, moshed and partied with Municipal Waste (who came to spectate the aftershow).

The aftershow was so much ****in better, because the stage is only 3 or so feet up and there are no guards, so we're running and jumping on and off the stage and just doing whatEVER the **** we want. It was the most ''REAL'' show I've ever been to if you know what I mean.

After being hammered beyond belief, the show is over and it's now 3 or 4 in the morning and our ride abandoned us, so we were stranded in the rough side of the city with no money.

Luckily one of our new friends lived somewhere near the place, so we all crashed in his apartment.
Quote by pwninator123
I know!

shame though, Trujillo is a god, he's what made Suicidal Tendencies

Pfft hardly.
Rocky made the band.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm seeing them tonight. I hope I can get a camera in.

not too hard :S about 1/2 of the crowd had cameras. and u live near tulsa?
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Minkaro
You have a fever tuned into Beacon FM?

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Tom_hatton
I don't believe you.

Somehow I knew you'd be the first to express your hatred for Metallica.

Erh, this new tour really doesn't interest me, I really disliked DM, I saw them when they toured MoP for the anniversary, that was brilliant. I was hoping they were going to do an AFJA tour - seeing as that's their best album, but alas no.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Somehow I knew you'd be the first to express your hatred for Metallica.

Oh, you know me so well!
Quote by Airdevil

awful song..

I actually love that song. I wish they'd have played it live.

I saw Metallica October 25, my first time seeing them, and it was awesome. I've got to say, I've looked up some of the videos of it on youtube though and you honestly can't judge the show by them. Sounds so different in person.

My only complaint is that the shirt I bought shrank so it's short on me now.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Quote by libertineste808

not get urs?

i got mine foir MEN Arena

and i went to see foo fighters once and on the way out i decided to jump down the seating, tripped on a chair and went flying into the railing
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Pfft hardly.
Rocky made the band.

well, he may not have made it, but he was by far the most talented member, Send Me Your Money and Posessed To Skate for reference
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by Vampire 255
not get urs?

i got mine foir MEN Arena

and i went to see foo fighters once and on the way out i decided to jump down the seating, tripped on a chair and went flying into the railing

no, i relied on a friend who didnt get online quick enough! ive decided to try hunt a ticket on my own, sod my mate!
Quote by libertineste808
no, i relied on a friend who didnt get online quick enough! ive decided to try hunt a ticket on my own, sod my mate!
'

Same here, except the guy buying the tickets for us was our only ride. I guess I'll just wait till next time around, but I'm gonna be pretty pissed if they don't tour the U.S. again.
Quote by Chalupacabra
'

Same here, except the guy buying the tickets for us was our only ride. I guess I'll just wait till next time around, but I'm gonna be pretty pissed if they don't tour the U.S. again.

well my fear is that it could be the last time they tour the uk, i so need to get a ticket badly!
Quote by Angus_Junior35
n e 1 else have crazy concert stories???

I once went to a Metallica concert, got stupidly drunk and woke up the next day with a St. Anger album in my pocket.
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
Quote by Mr_Jones
They plug their bassist in? I coulda swore he was just for show...

It's sad, anyways are they gonna come by the south florida area? It's not listed in the tour dates, but do they go adding dates along the tour?