started on an acoustic this summer. Its a very nice classical nylon string. Has a great sound and I like the wide fretboard as I have big hands. My chords getting pretty good. Starting to practice scales and some finger picking now. Play 60-90 minutes a day as life permits.

Family has offered to pick me up an electric and I have no idea what to tell them to buy. Has to be something used... I prefer that anyway. Prob in the $200-$300 range.

I love blues/rock... early like Bo Did, Muddy Waters, later like Hendrix, LedZep. Huge fan of Beatles, Sabbath, U2 also.. newer stuff I like RHCP, Monster Magnet... you get the idea. Mostly when I just sit and play its some kind of blues that comes out.

Not sure how much what you want to play factors in. Any advice for what to look for? To stay away from?

Many thanks in advance
fender stratocaster.
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
Does that 2-300 count for guitar AND amp?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
ummmmm, is the 300 including and amp, and are you talking american dollars?

i'd have a look at some 1970's ibanez les pauls on ebay, or maybe some second hand stratocasters?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
would say fender or squier (would be cheaper) stratocaster(telecaster), gibson les paul (but that would be too expensive) or something like that. And nothing like jackson, dean, ESP (LTD) and stuff like that, because thats more metal-like.
Quote by metalminded07
fender stratocaster.

this x10000
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by D'sa
would say fender stratocaster(telecaster), gibson les paul or something like that. And nothing liek jackson, dean, ESP (LTD) and stuff like that, because thats more metal-like.

Find me a Gibson for 300 bucks I'll suck your dag.

Really? Come on man....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
You could find a used made in mexico strat around that price, but then you still need an amp.

Best bet would probably be a used squier and a vox ad15vt

edit: forget the squier, go for a rondo, as seen below
Last edited by pak1351 at Nov 18, 2008,