Page 1 of 3
Absoutely killer band....death metal of the utmost passion and brutality, not a single second of filler on Graves of The Archangels or Purifying Consecrated Ground. Obscure, evil, disgusting, brutal, with no triggers. The way Death Metal should be.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
Absoutely killer band....death metal of the utmost passion and brutality, not a single second of filler on Graves of The Archangels or Purifying Consecrated Ground. Obscure, evil, disgusting, brutal, with no triggers. The way Death Metal should be.

Yeah, I agree. But, the bass drum IS triggered on "Graves of the Archangels" - sorry to disappoint you
Really?! Jesus....it sounds so natural. Hmmm, sickened I suppose

But yes, the title track off Graves...has one of my favourite riffs ever, its the first riff that starts under the blasting. I really hope they start writing new material next year, there was talks of them coming to Ireland with Archgoat at one stage.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Yeah, I heard about that. I want to see them in the UK!

But, you know a lot of those riffs are from Morbid Angel and Immolation. IMO of course. Actually, if I remember rightly track 6 has almost the same opening riff from "Formulas...".
That's a minor quibble anyway, hehe
I suppose it's about time I check these guys out. Sound pretty interesting. Not to mention certain other forums that go on and on about them.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Mmmmm this reminds me of Ignivomous witch in turn reminds me of Incantation,and that is always good in my books. Crushing,blasphemous, and evil (like it should be) death metal. Good find indeed
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

*licks lips*

I have to thank MH for getting me onto this too, great music

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I don't often listen to these type of bands, but Increasingly Ive had a burst of enthusiasm for real good, raw, old school Death Metal. I never liked Incantation, but for some reason Dead Congregation really hits the spot. Its a nice change from listening to all the more modern sounding technical stuff. Awesome.
It baffles me that someone can not like Incantation but still be into Dead Congregation.
Incantation are not actually THAT similar IMO. I know where you're coming from though. Dead Congregation are faster and they don't have the same type of riffs. Incantation use a lot of single notes with harmonies.
^spot on mate. And I just never enjoyed that, each to his own. DC use great fast power-chord riffage and tremolo riffs, like the one Strangehold pointed out, which is awesome. The album just sounds so war-like and epic. Militaristic blasts under the simplistic yet brutal riffage. mmmm.
Now why did my thread on this die with only 3 replies

This band is one of my favourites of the decade and I never get tired of listening to them - their EP or album (I still need to get my hands on their latest - a split with Hatespawn). Death metal has rarely been played with this much spirit, this heavy and atmospheric, Dead Congregation are really head and shoulders above the pack and in my opinion (as every reg here should know by now) Graves of the Archangels was the best album of 2008
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Fucking insane shit. Thanks so much for getting me into them, MH.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
In general, I dislike death metal. But holy shit does Graves of the Archangels own balls. The last minute of Source of Fire is jawdropping.
Just got Graves of the Archangels after seeing MH recommend them so many times . Great album. Such an evil atmosphere.
Listening to them for the first time, and it sounds pretty killer so far. Good find.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Anybody pick up the Hatespawn/DC split?
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Remember these fellows? Yea, I know, like, they're so 2008.

I went back to Graves of the Archangel and it's still fantastic. It's a blastathon all the way through, but that's what I like about it. Great riffs and squealies to accompany the madness. Phenomenal growls. And super production.
I've found Jesus
I play this album at least 3 times a week, the EP too. Theyre playing Germany with Necros Christos in April, would love to head over....
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Great stuff. I finally picked up the EP a few weeks ago and I'm really impressed. Pretty much on par with GotA and I'm liking the fact that it is a bit more doomy than the full length.

My favorite song is Teeth Into Red. The outro is literally the sound of hell.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Last edited by Penisaur at Dec 18, 2009,
Quote by Penisaur

My favorite song is Teeth Into Red. The outro is literally the sound of hell.

Quote by BR00TAL
Teeth intro red is such a brilliant piece of music. I love the atmosphere the whole album creates. It manages to sound so massive.

This song is what got me in to the band. The outro with the Arabic (?) prayer, and the harmonized riff....sooo ...beautiful.

"I pray for total death"

And after listening to this band, I have a hard time getting into other modern death metal bands that have a more "clean" production. DC's just sounds so natural.
Last edited by technicolour at Aug 12, 2010,
Let me be the first to say.... overrated.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by linfield4466
Let me be the first to say.... overrated.

You aren't necessarily the first. Someone on these forums complained about the next wave of "mall" metal kids wearing DC shirts.
He probably just means in the underground,they are pretty popular among metal circle.Unknown by most people though.Great band nonetheless.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by technicolour
You aren't necessarily the first. Someone on these forums complained about the next wave of "mall" metal kids wearing DC shirts.

Sure they were at the metal hammer awards last week kickin jager with Kerry King...sellouts.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
The music they write isn't bad by any means; it's well-written death metal, but bores me after a few tracks. They make me want to listen to Incantation or Immolation to be honest.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Teeth in flesh, red deep
Dead on the floor
Your lord consumed by rats
Twenty hundred years now
Why the fuck can't you forget him?

Eating His flesh
And drinking His blood
I pray for total death
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
best song on that album
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Its like being crushed by a pillar. Heaviest death metal to be released in a looooooooooong time.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by linfield4466
The music they write isn't bad by any means; it's well-written death metal, but bores me after a few tracks. They make me want to listen to Incantation or Immolation to be honest.

I'm actually pretty shocked that you can't find anything to like here, Justin! Ah well, each to their own.

Great band IMO. I love this ancient style of death metal.
Its definitely the chanting that sets it apart from a lot of other death metal albums. And when you read the lyrics along with the album playing, it really enhances the ancient feel of the album. Similar aesthetic to Necros Christos, but a markedly different style of playing death metal.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
It took me forever after hearing this album to figure out the appeal. That was back in my cleanly-produced melodeath/tech death/prog days.

Now I love it.
Page 1 of 3