Page 1 of 2
What's your favorite amp? Mine is gotta be any one of the Marshalls. I don't have one, i got a line 6 spider III 30 watt, but i love the way that marshalls sound. Great stuff. What bout you?
that's a pretty vague question, so for me its gonna be a tossup between a 5150, a mark IV, a XXX, and a splawn nitro

EDIT: and btw, what marshalls did you try out *waits to hear MG, then facepalm*
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Nicest amp I've ever played was a cornford harlequin, so I guess it could be my favorite. I'd really love a deluxe reverb clone from allen amps though.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Marshall JCM800, JTM45, Vox AC30, Engl Powerball and Fender Super Reverb.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Aidy Damage
Marshall MG10DFX- the overdrive is crushing.

+1, quality amp, I can play any kind of music with my MG!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
+1, quality amp, I can play any kind of music with my MG!

Pffft, the spider III 15w is way better.
Well it has more effects and watts so its louder, but the mg has marshall and a lot of people play marshall
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
Probably a Splawn Superstock for Drive and a Dr. Z EZG 50 for cleans. i like most high end marshall cones even though I don't really like Marshalls/
Seriously, my favorite would be the Dr. Z Mini Z. I haven't ever had a chance to play one of the combos, but such a badass little amp.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
I like the splawn quick rod, every time i go in to the city it's "must play splawn" time.
really been liking el84 amps lately. the orange AD-30 is way up there.
i guess if i had to only have one amp for the rest of my life though it would be a jcm 800.
Suhr Badger 30, ENGL Blackmore, Marshall model 1962.

Those are my favorite amps.

I'm leaning more towards the latter two though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I would love to A/B a MG and a Spider III. Crushing overdrive and pristine cleans. What is with the threads today?
Quote by gregs1020
I would love to A/B a MG and a Spider III. Crushing overdrive and pristine cleans. What is with the threads today?

The overdrive wouldn't just be crushing, it would be SMASHING!

We're all wondering the same thing.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by gregs1020

Their solid-state practice amps. I don't understand how people can gig with them and maintain self-respect.

Anyway, I know a bunch of boutique companies make better amps, but I've just always loved the looks and tone of a Vox AC30. I don't know why, it's just always attracted me...
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
British Mid Gain: Orange OR80
American Mid Gain: Hughes and Kettner Statesman
British Hi Gain: JCM800KK
American Hi Gain: Mesa Mk. IV
British Clean/Crunch: Marshall Plexi
American Clean/Crunch: Two Rock Custom Sig

Off the top of my head.
Quote by necrosis1193
Their solid-state practice amps. I don't understand how people can gig with them and maintain self-respect.

Quote by gregs1020

What do you mean, "today"?
Quote by Kevin Saale
What do you mean, "today"?

There was some sanity before I went to Vegas, now, dunno...

And just so it isn't complete spam - No one amp that I can afford can hit the tones I play. So I have two favorites, my H&K and mah Fender.
I really love Brian May's tone and I believe he uses a Vox AC30 and some treble booster or something like that, so I'll say Vox AC30 and I also like the way Judas Priest sounds and they prolly used a Marshall JCM800. Apparently, Glenn Tipton switched to ENGL amps recently according to Wiki. I saw them live this past summer and thought their tone was absolutely fantastic.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
My favorite amp has got to be Eddie Van Halen's '68 plexi. That amp has given me more joy than I could ever imagine !

Well, he ASKED for our favorite amp.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Right now I'm really GAS'ing for both an AC30 and a Rocker 30.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Probably a Splawn Superstock for Drive and a Dr. Z EZG 50 for cleans. i like most high end marshall cones even though I don't really like Marshalls/

i half agree on this lol and for cleans i love the sound of a fender twin reverb

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Splawns and old 60s blackfaces. My princeton reverb is so ****ing good sounding.

AB/Y a Splawn with one of them old Fenders and I'd probably cream myself.
For me, it'd have to be my own custom amp. Tubes made from the glass of the Louvre, speakers made from the metal of the Titanic, the cab made from the wood Jesus was crucified on, circuits made from Muhammed's pubic hair, the grill of the cab made from Sampson's hair, the chassis and transformer made from the metal of the bullets that shot JFK, MLK, Abe Lincoln, John Lennon, Biggie, Tupac, and Dimebag.

It's worth more than you can imagine.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Nov 18, 2008,
Quote by Sonicxlover
For me, it'd have to be my own custom amp. Tubes made from the glass of the Louvre, speakers made from the metal of the Titanic, the cab made from the wood Jesus was crucified on, circuits made from Muhammed's pubic hair, the grill of the cab made from Sampson's hair, the chassis and transformer made from the metal of the bullets that shot JFK, MLK, Abe Lincoln, John Lennon, Biggie, Tupac, and Dimebag.

btw do you watch metalocalypse? cuz this one time, skwisgaar got a custom guitar endorsement, and he was showing his new axes, and he had a guitar built from the wood of christ's cross
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Sonicxlover

But does it have crushing overdrive?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
But does it have crushing overdrive?

As Kerry King said, it sounds like Satan himself reached up and touched the amp. Except that actually happened.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
CAA/Suhr OD100se+

I played an 18 watt suhr (I'm guessing a badger? I have no clue) Very nice sounding amp.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson

btw do you watch metalocalypse? cuz this one time, skwisgaar got a custom guitar endorsement, and he was showing his new axes, and he had a guitar built from the wood of christ's cross

Lol, I did I was laughing my ass off when he busted that one out..
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
CAA/Suhr OD100se+

Eeeww, I hated that amp. Definatly not worth $3300 in my book.

Favorite amp I've own/ed, probably the Splawn Quickrod. The Dragon is a close second, much better cleans by a longshot.

Favorite amp? Probably a Herbert or VH4. Haven't played either one, but I've never heard clips like either of those.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Man, that's hard. I guess a Splawn Nitro would be my favorite, I almost cried when MatrixClaw sold his. Ideally, I would A/B a Nitro with an old Fender Twin.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I just love Engls, I'll probably start collecting them when i start earning money.
Next one: Invader or SE.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Page 1 of 2