So my only electric guitar is a Squier Strat. I've had it for a couple of years now (3? 4?), and it's lasted me a lot longer than I would expect from what people say about Squiers. It is starting to get out of tune faster, but mostly I just know that I can get a much better tone with a better guitar.

I am looking for an upgrade, but I have not played many other kinds of guitars, so I was wondering what kinds to look at.

I play classic rock, blues, punk, and ska.

I am playing through a Crate V33 (couldn't resist when they were so cheap ).

Any help at all would be appreciated.

I am not sure of my budget yet, but probably under $600.

I see an Epi Les Paul custom on craigslist for $500 hsc inlcuded, does anyone have any experience with them?
Quote by ewsrocks
So my only electric guitar is a Squier Strat. I've had it for a couple of years now (3? 4?), and it's lasted me a lot longer than I would expect from what people say about Squiers. It is starting to get out of tune faster, but mostly I just know that I can get a much better tone with a better guitar.

I am looking for an upgrade, but I have not played many other kinds of guitars, so I was wondering what kinds to look at.

I play classic rock, blues, punk, and ska.

I am playing through a Crate V33 (couldn't resist when they were so cheap ).

Any help at all would be appreciated.

I am not sure of my budget yet, but probably under $600.

I see an Epi Les Paul custom on craigslist for $500 hsc inlcuded, does anyone have any experience with them?

no no no no no 600 dollars on amp would make it sound like a custom shop guitar on the amp you currently
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
I'm not sure if I'll have $600, as I don't have the money right now, but I would like to start looking so I'll have an idea of what I want when I do have the money.
SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!

I got the same guitar only I play through this rig:

B-52 At 100....Marshall 1960 straight and a Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal
because It was a cheap way to get a ton of great effects that go well with the strat.

It's gig worthy. I've used it before.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett