I play pretty much everything, mostly stuff like Avenged Sevenfold and Tokio Hotel style rock

Is a Gibson Les Paul a good guitar wfor these genres and what pickups should I get?
A Les Paul would be fine for those genres but don't bother getting new pickups for it until you've got a good amp. Unless you have a different one to the one listed in your profile.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Thanks, I might have some extra money for an amp but I've had my eyes on the Les Paul for a while so I want to get it
Quote by Dead Fetus
Thanks, I might have some extra money for an amp but I've had my eyes on the Les Paul for a while so I want to get it

As long as you get a decent Les Paul I'm sure you'll be fine but changing pickups is for tweaking a great tone, you'll never notice the tonal change through a cheap practice amp.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Dead Fetus
I am going to get a Gibson Les Paul Studio are they good?

I would look for a high end Epi Les Paul if you're going to get something in that kind of price range, either a Custom or Elitist if you can find one is almost guaranteed to be better than that just make sure you try before you buy and if you do decide to buy one make sure you get the exact one you played and not one from the stock room.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.