Page 1 of 3
Well I got nabbed by some plain clothes police earlier for possession of cannabis and now I have to go to court in a few weeks...

Anything I should/shouldn't do?
Anything I should/shouldn't say?

Surely some Pit users have been to court in the UK before?

And for some reason I keep asking myself what I should wear...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
...get a lawyer and ask them?
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
fail?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Always remember, don't ask don't tell can be very helpful. Think about what you wanna say before you go to court but don't rehearse it in your head. You want to sound collected but if you sound rehearsed they'll suspect something.
Quote by muse-ik
...get a lawyer and ask them?

Forgot to mention that I already have a court appointed Lawyer.
My question was more to do with court ettiquet...

Quote by the agony scene
how much did you have on you ?

An ounce... Most annoyed I was when they took it.

Quote by filthandfury
Was it your first time being caught?

Fourth time... Before this time I just got warnings.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
Well I got nabbed by some plain clothes police earlier for possession of cannabis and now I have to go to court in a few weeks...

Anything I should/shouldn't do?
Anything I should/shouldn't say?

Surely some Pit users have been to court in the UK before?

And for some reason I keep asking myself what I should wear...

Wear a suit and for God's sake don't say anything stupid like "I honestly thought I wouldn't get caught"

I've never been to court but c'mon, these are obvious. Get a decent solicitor/barrister.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
+1 To wear a suit
+1 to getting some king of legal representative

and +1 to how much did you have on you???
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
With that much, could you be charged with intent to distribute/sell?
Just wear a suit and be professional.
An Ounce.

I don't smoke weed, but last time i checked an eighth cost 20 quid, so an ounce (unless drug dealers work on economies of scale lol) would be 160 pounds worth, am I right?
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
apologize to the magistrate " im sorry magistrate" saw a friend of mines fine get cut by £50.He was driving without a license.
if the ounce was divided up into smaller bags itil be hell of a lot worse, im not saying your a dealer i just sometimes divide my weed up to gauge how much im smoking .
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Wear a suit and for God's sake don't say anything stupid like "I honestly thought I wouldn't get caught"

I've never been to court but c'mon, these are obvious. Get a decent solicitor/barrister.

Unfortunately I don't own a suit so I guess its just going to have to be smart jeans and an inoffensive T-shirt.
And although legal advice wasn't what I was asking for, I may as well post my basic ideas so far...
That I'm going to get punished is a given. I'm just hoping the fact I use herb religiously might get me some leniency. The fact that I'm under 18 might also work in my favour here.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Bribe the judge.

And it really isnt this easy to get caught FOUR times?
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
Quote by IDread
Unfortunately I don't own a suit so I guess its just going to have to be smart jeans and an inoffensive T-shirt.
And although legal advice wasn't what I was asking for, I may as well post my basic ideas so far...
That I'm going to get punished is a given. I'm just hoping the fact I use herb religiously might get me some leniency. The fact that I'm under 18 might also work in my favour here.

No suit...previous warnings...religious user...under age...you're fucked mate.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by soccermom
An Ounce.

I don't smoke weed, but last time i checked an eighth cost 20 quid, so an ounce (unless drug dealers work on economies of scale lol) would be 160 pounds worth, am I right?

Your prices are accurate but I got a significant discount on this ounce because the Ras who sold it to me isn't in it for the profit.

Quote by the agony scene
apologize to the magistrate " im sorry magistrate" saw a friend of mines fine get cut by £50.He was driving without a license.
if the ounce was divided up into smaller bags itil be hell of a lot worse, im not saying your a dealer i just sometimes divide my weed up to gauge how much im smoking .

Thankfully it was all in a small fabric sack, not divided up.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread

coming from my academic side, the fact that you use it religiously will not hold up, and if anything will hurt you more, since you admit to chronic use. illegal substances are illegal substances, no if, and, or but about it. also, with being under 18, at least in the US, means you go to juvy instead, and are fined just as much. and find a nice collared shirt to borrow, and some slacks if possible.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Nov 18, 2008,
i got busted in the US for less than an O. just dress as nice as possible and be wicked polite to the judge. i plead guilty and i had to pay $420 and that was that.
i always come to UG for a tab, but get sucked into the pit

[SoWrongItsMatt]Have you tried, "Sex on fire?"

[[x]Huffy[x]]Either way I'm gonna be too stoned to care.

what he said.^

i love qotsa

mymusic
enjoy it.
Wear a suit and always call the judge "your honor"
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by nebno6
Bribe the judge.

And it really isnt this easy to get caught FOUR times?

Its very easy when the police are prejudice as **** towards Rastas when it comes to "random" stop searches.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Stop being a fucking Rastafarian.

It will help you tremendously.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by IDread

Your joking right!?

Get a suit! I remember reading up on a charity that loans out suits to people in your circumstance.

Look them up son!
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by xToxicChopstick
With that much, could you be charged with intent to distribute/sell?
Just wear a suit and be professional.

I'm not too sure about wearing a suit. I've seen soooo many people who looked trashy but tried wearing a suit and the judge didn't ease up on anything. I'm pretty sure judges will see through it.

But do dress nicely, perhaps some slacks and a dressy shirt. Try to look clean and professional without trying to look like "Hey, I'm wearing a suit and I mean business!"
Quote by IDread
Its very easy when the police are prejudice as **** towards Rastas when it comes to "random" stop searches.

that isnt prejudice, thats systematic profiling. and i'm sorry, but even though it is your religion, doesnt mean the police will treat you any differently
Quote by IDread
Your prices are accurate but I got a significant discount on this ounce because the Ras who sold it to me isn't in it for the profit.

Thankfully it was all in a small fabric sack, not divided up.

Presumably they're not charging you with intent to distribute if it's only an ounce. Chances are you'll get a fine, (or possibly your parents will if you're still at home or whatever). Luckily, it won't stay on your record 'cause you're underage.

Buy smaller bags in future? Don't use public transport when carrying? Don't light up when carrying for than a day's use?
DO: Wear a suit (get one)
DON'T: Tell them it was for religious purposes (unless you want to tell them you smoke all the time)
Quote by IDread

IIRC you can get a 'suit' out of Tesco or Asda for about £30. Saville Row it ain't, but add a shirt, tie and a cheapy pair of 'leather' shoes, and you'll at least be seen to be making an effort.
If you have long hair, tied back is a given. Take a packet of tissues - one way to make a bad impression is to sniff and snort through the hearing.
I guess your best hope is to try and make the case that your use of cannabis doesn't impact negatively on your life - if you can convince them that you're not stoned morning, noon and night, or stealing to finance your 'habit'(I know it's not physically addictive, but I can't think of a better word atm) then that might help them go easy on you.
i think cannabis by UK law is class C, so technically possesion isn't illegal,
"i think" and "technically" being the important words in that sentance
but if you have enough for them to think you deal you could be in the ****

if you get a good lawyer you should get off without punishment
Quote by mow_mow
i got busted in the US for less than an O. just dress as nice as possible and be wicked polite to the judge. i plead guilty and i had to pay $420 and that was that.

The judge sure has a sense of humor.
My gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Squier Fat Strat Deluxe
Yamaha FG700 Acoustic
Old Nylonstrung Acoustic

Peavey Classic 50w 2/12
Roland Cube 30X
Roland Cube 60 (30~ years old)
Vox 847A Wah Pedal
Digitech Bad Monkey
Old Ibanez Rack Delay
Quote by soccermom
An Ounce.

Nah, drugs get cheaper the more you buy, usually you get a discount when going from an eighth to a quarter, quarter to half o, half o to o etc
"The revolution lives on not in words to live for it, but in one's heart to die for it" -Che Guevara
Quote by dudius
I'm not too sure about wearing a suit. I've seen soooo many people who looked trashy but tried wearing a suit and the judge didn't ease up on anything. I'm pretty sure judges will see through it.

But do dress nicely, perhaps some slacks and a dressy shirt. Try to look clean and professional without trying to look like "Hey, I'm wearing a suit and I mean business!"

I would probably fit into the category of 'not looking good in a suit.'
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
Forgot to mention that I already have a court appointed Lawyer.

Again, I don't know how these things go in the UK, but in the US you do not want a court appointed lawyer. They suck, they don't spend much time on your case, and they don't care about your case because they aren't getting paid. It might be worthwhile to pay for a real lawyer. Again, though, I don't know how things go in the UK.
wear a shirt and tie with formal trousers and formal shoes. Buy them or rent them out if necessary, by all means do NOT go in with jeans and t-shirt.
Stand up when the magistrate walks in to take his place - and again when you are going to leave. Do not speak unless spoken to and keep deadly silent. Sit up straight and don't try to be a smart-alec unless you have found an actual flaw in their charges and checked it over with your lawyer.
Go to the magistrates court before your court date to see how they act and sit in on some hearings. Take note.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Page 1 of 3