Hey I'm new here, and I have a question. Are there any tips on playing and singing? I'm having a lot of trouble with it, I tend to focus on the lyrics too much then end up not playing anything.
Quote by CBNJ
Hey I'm new here, and I have a question. Are there any tips on playing and singing? I'm having a lot of trouble with it, I tend to focus on the lyrics too much then end up not playing anything.

playing with a pick is easier imo
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
I spent the last 5 years singing lead and playing bass in a cover band and at first it is difficult but the best thing to do is just keep practicing the song and eventually your hands will take over and you'll be able to focus on the singing more.
It ain't braggin' if you can back it up -Jaco Pastorious
start REAL slow... get faster... and faster... AND FAAASSTTER til your better!

on bits that you mess up with in terms of keeping rhythm, go over them extra slow sometimes, and practice....

yeah. practice alot. in your free time hum and use your fingers...
Practice with songs that you know inside out. Makes it easier.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
learn the song first and then the lyrics, and listen to the song a lot to be sure of your timing!
Quote by GangsterLi
playing with a pick is easier imo

I use a pick. :P

--

I guess you guys are right, just gotta keep practicing.
Quote by CBNJ

Its very rare that someone can seriously say this, but Blink-182 can this aspect of your musicianship better.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.