I've found both of these items, both combos, the 2000 is a dsl 401, its also like a limited run series from 2001 that has a gray grille and gold marshall emblem, while the 900 is a 4101 combo from 1996. Which one has better cleans? Also which one could get better, punchier, tighter distortion sounds for hardcore/post hardcore? Which one would you prefer and why? I also have a Ibanez ts9dx if that helps.

Also what could you tell me about the Laney AOR Pro-Tube Lead 50W Tube Head as I've just spotted it online
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
My advice :
maybe you could try a jcm800 instead (far better than 900 or 2000) or mesa boogie

for your question : i think you would prefer the 2000 for hardcore music
i own the dsl 401 jcm2000 and can get any kind of hardcore tone out of it, anything from parkway drive to fall of troy really
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
if the 900 is higher wattage you may be able to get a little better cleans out of it. also its 6L6 power tubes can generally give you sparklier cleans than EL34's, which the 2000 has.
for heavy stuff i never really was a big fan of the 900's. i find them a to be a little on the thin side.
i would say almost without a doubt that you'd prefer the 2000. i had a 50w 2000 head that i loved. it had a lot more gain than i ever used. really tight low end. i got decent enough cleans out of it but honestly its not really what the amp is made to do. i preferred the clean channel on the "crunch" setting with the gain on about four. from there i'd roll the guitar volume down if i wanted it any cleaner. most of the time though i just used the "lead 1" channel with the gain at 6 or 7 for a nice crunch. didn't use the "lead 2" at all but you'd love it for hardcore i'm sure.
Thanks for the info so far, it's looks like the 2000 is beating the 900.

Quote by jebus19
My advice :
maybe you could try a jcm800 instead (far better than 900 or 2000) or mesa boogie

I'm looking for 800's and they're just too expensive. As for mesa's, I am looking for them and just emailed a guy selling a F-30, but he just sold it
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp