Poll: CHOOSE!!!
Poll Options
View poll results: CHOOSE!!!
Urik
15 79%
Blurry
4 21%
Voters: 19.
Which of Urik's tracks am I voting on? the little wing one or the one at the bottom of the list.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
At last . Thanks gooley.
^
It's supposed to play it automatically. But it is "1st entry for the second blues duels".
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Urik. Liked both though.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Urik-nice phrasing and tone, but there was some weird buzz going on throughout your track. Volume swells are great, and you build tension pretty well too.

Blurry-your rhythm on the intro is a little bit stiff and awkward. It doesn't swing very well. I wish you would have used a backing track so you could solo with accompaniment behind you.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Urik had an awesome song, playing around with effects kept it interesting, and yeah, he did a great job on the tension and release, which is what blues is all about.

I wish Blurry's had a backing track, because I know how fun Voodoo Chile is to screw around with and alter, but because of no backing track and weird rhythm and timing, I just couldn't get into it, and never really understood what he was trying to do.
Blurry, i really like yours but it just felt unfinished without a back track. However, i liked your wah sound alot.

Urik, your song kicked ass throughout, no negatives really came to my attention while listening. Also, the Jeff Beck volume swells were a really nice touch. You got my vote.
I liked them both.

Urik- Great, but a bit generic, and also a tad long for a blues instrumental. I really liked your use of effects though.

Blurry- I agree that you could use a backing track, but I really liked it anyway. The only thing I would say is that it just seemed to end without any real resolution.

Blurry's was more interesting to me, so I voted for his.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Blurry for me, simply because without the backing track it reminded me of the Peter Green 'End Of The Game' jamming album, although Urik, I nearly turned yours off as I got a tad bored, but then the wah kicked in and I really enjoyed that a lot. Volume swells like others mention was a high point too, but for feel, past the initial opening, blurry's wins it for me. Tough one that though! Great efforts!