I need some help, please.

I'm thinking of enlisting in the Marines once I get out of High School. I want to join the military, and the Marines seem like the best branch for me.

But I have a few questions.

1. What is boot camp like? How hard is it? How fit should I be beforehand?

2. What is daily life while deployed like?

3. Do you regret joining, or are you glad you did?

Any answers would be great, thanks guys

Also: Thank you for serving our country. For all those still deployed, Semper Fi.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
In short, the Marines is the best branch period. If you think you might like it, you'll fail. If you know you want to do it, you might not. Be as fit as possible, boot camp is a ton of work, Iraq is hell.

glhf
Quote by KwikKopy
In short, the Marines is the best branch period. If you think you might like it, you'll fail. If you know you want to do it, you might not. Be as fit as possible, boot camp is a ton of work, Iraq is hell.

glhf

Thanks for the reply.

I have a good chance of getting a scholarship from Kings Point, and from there I can go into any branch of the military as an officer (yes, I know how much enlisted men hate those guys), and if I do get the scholarship, I want to have a good idea of what branch I want to join.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
my cousin left for boot camp yesterday, and i know he is ready. a good point was made saying that if you think you like it, you will fail. i know my cousin will not fail at this as he had wanted to do this for about 2 years now, he decided sometime during his sophomore year in high school. so yeah man you better be prepared for it if you decide to do it haha

that being said, i almost joined the navy before i decided to go to college
Member of the Guitarists Born in 1990 Club. PM Gibson_God11 to join

Member of the I have every metallica album and I love it!
club. PM BDR_23 to join

www.myspace.com/shepherdjoe

X
Boot camp is the easiest part of your career. You can message me if you want the down and dirty details, because it would take me forever to write it all down.

Your first year and a half are gonna be really hard. Regardless of how well you do, your superior NCOs will take it upon themselves to teach you the discipline they feel you require in order to replace them after they are gone (that is the ultimate goal).

Deployed life depends on your MOS.

You will have your rough times and fun times. Do I regret joining? That answer changes from day to day, month to month, and so on. I am in the best physical condition of my life, but that is also dependent on you and how hard you want to push yourself.

Like I said if you want the dirty details I'll tell you. Just PM me.
We'll Have You Dead Pretty Soon

Quote by dariusfinch
it means that people go to this to thread to masturbate
then leave without so much as a damn thank you!!

It pisses me off!!!

*masturbates*
*leaves*
Quote by Wulphy
Thanks for the reply.

I have a good chance of getting a scholarship from Kings Point, and from there I can go into any branch of the military as an officer (yes, I know how much enlisted men hate those guys), and if I do get the scholarship, I want to have a good idea of what branch I want to join.

dude, go to king's point. you'll love it there. my brother goes there and he gets to travel all over the world. right now he's in the middle east on a ship. and there's a marine ops program there which is extremely valuable if you're interested in the marines. and if not you can get a career on a ship after, which pays a lot generally.
it will train you for the imminent zombie apocalypse
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by shredmeiser101
it will train you for the imminent zombie apocalypse

I wouldn't be so sure. Military goons are always the first ones to die in any respectable zombie film.
Quote by Vermintide
I wouldn't be so sure. Military goons are always the first ones to die in any respectable zombie film.

You have better chances being a white chick with nice boobs or the less attractive and less strong white guy with a nice personality.
Quote by Vermintide

The one's who were IN the military when the attack happens, but its the retired or off duty guy's who live.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
Quote by Vermintide

No way, it's the jittery civilians who lose their nerve that go first.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I know a guy in the military and he said boot camp was hell and the guys there make sure to work you no matter how good your doing, also he said he doesnt regret joining, he says its a great life experience and hes in the best shape, mentally and physically hes ever been in, but he says its hard to see one of your own die but theres good days and bad days

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Trefellin
I've never been in the Marines but I can almost assure you, it'll suck pretty bad.

What an educated response.

(I completely agree and im just as ignorant)