Page 1 of 2
I know there is a thread for this but I'm just looking for something else. SoI'm 6'4" and I weigh 258 and I'm 16. I have tried and succeeded for a couple week periods probably four times just eating a ton better and less, and excercising every day.

I need to lose the weight. My goal is 220 for now. That will still have me in the overweight, but just barely. My BMI as of now is 31. I want mid to low twenties. Is that good? Thoughts?

I need to know everything. Help please?

And I think that if there were alot of fat jokes, like with every post, it would motivate me into keeping going. lol

EDIT: Update on page 2
Last edited by tjfishrocker at Feb 9, 2009,
You can do it, my older bro is 6'3", and used to be 350, now he's 180, it took him about a year, and no pills or surgery. Just working out and dieting.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
sounds like you should play football.

i'm 6'4" and 185. woot

edit: seriously tho, playing sports has always helped me stay in shape. not even organized sports, just with friends like once a week. organize a game or something.

or just regular exercise, but that gets boring
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Last edited by cheez1492 at Nov 18, 2008,
I've lost loads of weight since I started working and stopped eating so much 4 weeks ago, I plan on going to the gym when I start getting paid properly.

If you don't sit at home playing guitar all day it's not really that hard.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
for guys the ideal bmi is around 19-23 or so
and for girls its slightly higher
if that says anything. but to have a deffinate BMI reading it would have to be done by profesionals, and not on an internet calculater(but there a pretty good indication.

im about 6'2 195ish, but since football is over i might have to try to lose a little!
Last edited by SunDrop at Nov 18, 2008,
Quote by cheez1492
sounds like you should play football.

i'm 6'4" and 185. woot

Oh man. i miss those days. i'm 16 and when i started high school i wasnt allowed to by my doctor because of back shi t. but now its all better but i'm so out of shape and the season is over that i would just make a fool of myself.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
This entire post is wrong in case you take it seriously.

lol. dont worry. i wont
Quote by tjfishrocker
Oh man. i miss those days. i'm 16 and when i started high school i wasnt allowed to by my doctor because of back shi t. but now its all better but i'm so out of shape and the season is over that i would just make a fool of myself.

10th or 11th grade? Just join next year, you still got time.

Work out, Ive lost like 5lbs in a week from 2 hard workouts, but Ive got a big gut. If you haven't been gaining weight just work out and you'll definitelly lose weight.

And to you 6'4" 185lbs, go eat some twinkies, I bet your really skinny.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
10th or 11th grade? Just join next year, you still got time.

Work out, Ive lost like 5lbs in a week from 2 hard workouts, but Ive got a big gut. If you haven't been gaining weight just work out and you'll definitelly lose weight.

And to you 6'4" 185lbs, go eat some twinkies, I bet your really skinny.

11th grade. i just think that if i do join then i wont be good then its pretty much football and school from 5 am to 7 pm.

would anyone be up for a before after thread or like a partner thread where you like pm someone like you with the same goals? i think itd be tight
Quote by tjfishrocker
I know there is a thread for this but I'm just looking for something else. SoI'm 6'4" and I weigh 258 and I'm 16. I have tried and succeeded for a couple week periods probably four times just eating a ton better and less, and excercising every day.

I need to lose the weight. My goal is 220 for now. That will still have me in the overweight, but just barely. My BMI as of now is 31. I want mid to low twenties. Is that good? Thoughts?

And I think that if there were alot of fat jokes, like with every post, it would motivate me into keeping going. lol

Read my blogs
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by DespisedIcon
Weight lifting, if you don't eat a lot, you'll lose weight.

Wrong. Muscle weighs more than fat.
Quote by domino_92
I think hardcore2step has the right idea

Quote by civildp1
Yeah but God won't touch my penis. So it's like, what choice do I have but to turn to women?
Quote by hardcore2step

Indeed this is correct. If you want to lose actual "fat weight" it would probs be best to do longer low intensity exercises. Walking for around 30-40 minutes each day is good. That way you'll be delving into oxidative metabolic pathways that breakdown triglycerides. You can also incorporate jogging and running after your initial walking routine to further exert your body.
Quote by hardcore2step

sorry for any confusion but let me put it this way. i want to lose fat, i dont really care about weight as long as im not fat
God I love fried chicken.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by tjfishrocker
sorry for any confusion but let me put it this way. i want to lose fat, i dont really care about weight as long as im not fat

Yeah, that's understandable, but it would definately be beneficial for you to get to a healthy weight. A BMI of around 18 to 25 is usually healthy. I'm actually around 26, but I do workout, so I have more muscle tissue compared to fat and that's what is contributing to my "excess" weight. But GENERALLY, the BMI is a good index to go by.
Quote by hardcore2step

But losing fat while getting some muscles is a win/win situation for a guy, isn't it?
ಠ_ಠ
The thread dedicated to this has a lot of information.

But anyway, I was around 190 at the start of summer, then by the end got to 165, which is where I'm at now. I'm 6'3

The key is to stop drinking things like soda, then you have to work out the bad snacks. After you've done this you should start worrying about how many calories you intake.

Do HIIT three times a week. And working out in a gym is not going to make you weigh significantly more then you would otherwise, just look better. You need to be taking in more calories then your body can use to gain much muscle, since you wont be doing that, all it will do is ramp up your metabolism. A good thing. And you will look better after your done.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Quote by DespisedIcon
if you don't eat a lot, you'll lose weight.
terrible adivse, yes you'll lose weight, but your metabolism will slow right down, therefor eating in the future you will be more likely to gain weight. Eat less than 2500 calories a day, exercise. Job Done
Simply make a decision and stick with it. Its really not that hard, but i know, it sounds a feels like it is
Frusciante

zzeazz -

Im coming for you
Last November, I weighed 216. I'm 15 and 5'7''. What I did was eat a serving of protein at every meal, with a serving of either fruit or vegetables. In between full meals, I ate a snack of a 1/2 cup of peanuts and a fruit. I pretty much cut out breads and cut down on my dairy product intake. I did HIIT 3 times a week, and I lift everyday. I am now 182. It takes me a long time to lose weight because I have an EXTREMELY slow metabolism. I'm the only one in my family who is overweight, and my family is hardly what I would call healthy. Unless you count a bunch of alcoholics who eat fast food almost everynight healthy. I got the **** metabolism. But i'm still going strong. Good luck man, it's hard. I'm trying to get down to 160.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by Xiaoxi
God I love fried chicken.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Holy crap. That was one of the funniest things of my day. I thank you sir.

Quote by C/ruel
The thread dedicated to this has a lot of information.

I've been through it and alot of the forums at bodybuilder.com im just looking for a bit more for me especially. thanks for the help man
Quote by Gibson06
Read my friggin blogs already!!!

lol. sorry man. i did and i printed them out. thanks a ton man. it helped alot
Quote by hardcore2step

What so you think he's going to add muscle if he lifts weight and has a calorie deficiency?
Quote by tjfishrocker
would anyone be up for a before after thread or like a partner thread where you like pm someone like you with the same goals? i think itd be tight

Hey dude. I'm 5'9'', 15 [turning 16 the 23rd], and 180 lbs. I've been stuck trying to lose some weight, but never really had the motivation.. I eat right, just, I don't really have the motivation to get up and run. But it'd be cool to do the before and after idea; might help the both of us! What do you say?
For real.
I'm 6'1 and 205.

Just a small layer of belly fat.

Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
i did read the thread becasue i don't have much time. But if you are looking to lose weight and keep it off. You are gonna have to work on your cardio a lot. Right now its more important than lifting. Though when you lift try to keep it more low weight high reps. It will keep you nice and tone but still maintan your strenght while losing weight. You should stick to longer more on paced runs for the mot part. But you should get to a track and something and do a speed work out I.E. like 10-15 100 meter sprints at about 20-22. So just work on the cardio and keep to the diet you choose as much as possible. Its gonna be hard but it will be worth it so stick with it. Good luck!!!
Quote by tjfishrocker
Then working out would definitely be the way to go, but dont eat less like the one guy recommended.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by MUUFasaurus
Hey dude. I'm 5'9'', 15 [turning 16 the 23rd], and 180 lbs. I've been stuck trying to lose some weight, but never really had the motivation.. I eat right, just, I don't really have the motivation to get up and run. But it'd be cool to do the before and after idea; might help the both of us! What do you say?

hell yeah son. ill pm you
BMI's are bullshit.
Don't listen to anyone when they want your money, you should be happy the way you are.
...And are they censoring **** again?
Quote by Mudmen190
BMI's are bullshit.
Don't listen to anyone when they want your money, you should be happy the way you are.
...And are they censoring **** again?

I'm not paying anyone any money. What the hell are you talking about. BMI's arent bull, and I'm not happy and its my fault. It's my fault for becoming overweight anyway, and I'm not doing this for anything or anyone but me. I want to be healthy and look better. What the ****s wrong with that?
hey i decided to do an update, if any one cares. im down to 215 now. going to 210, then down on to 180's, hopefully that will be good. also im gonna plan on gaining it all back, just in muscle lol. will take awhile though
congrats! after all the discussion in here how did you end going about it?
Quote by uctlaum01
congrats! after all the discussion in here how did you end going about it?

got my diet under control and exercise every day. took in about 1900 cals which is a defecit of 600, plus 30 mins cardio and weight training. burned anywhere from 2 to 8 pounds a week. there is 3500 cals in one pound of bodyfat, so just burn that many cals in one week, and thats one pound, just exercise more to make it go up
Quote by tjfishrocker

EDIT: Update on page 2

No you're not. There is a thread for this.

*reported*
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Page 1 of 2