I have decided on getting a low wattage tube head but can't seem to make up my mind on either the orange tiny terror, blackheart handsom devil or a engater rebel. i was also wondering if these would be loud enough for small gigs without to much breakup.
i play alot of rock and blues and my price range would be anything below 700. any ideas on which one i should get?
i vote egnater man

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

TT
just mic it up
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
get the egnater or orange, they sound richer than the blackheart. to play a gig just mic it
I'd recommend the Tiny Terror, its vintage voiced and a pretty good match for what you're playing.

Do a search for the Egnater Rebel, there have been quite a few mixed reviews for this amp on UG. From what I have read:

1. Don't expect the wattage knob to act like an attenuator
2. Don't expect the tube mix knob to have a massive difference to your tone. There is a difference, but don't expect your amp to sound from one end of the tonal spectrum to the other at the twist of the knob.

Then again, I've not had the chance to try this amp, but these 2 points come from people who have tried it from UG.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I'm GAS'ing big time for the Egnater Rebel 20, but that's partly because I already have a Tiny Terror head paired up with a 1x12 Avatar cab. I'm sure if it were the other way around, I'd be dreaming about adding a Tiny Terror to my collection -- that's the way GAS works!

The Tiny Terror is pure simplicity: it's cool in an ultra minimalistic sort of way. 3 knobs: Volume, Tone, and Gain. Single channel. Two wattage settings: 7 or 15. No effects loop. As a classic voiced EL84 amp, it's unparalleled. And it has been in the marketplace long enough to be considered a classic in its own right.

The Egnater Rebel 20 is the mirror image of this: there's a lot of complexity going on under the hood. Wattage pot from 1 to 20 watts. Power tube pot. 3 band EQ. Volume and Master pots. And an effects loop. But as much as I want one, I think it'll make more sense to wait patiently for "Version 1.1" of the Rebel to be released. I think Egnater is on the right track with this amp, but based only on what I've read, it looks like there's still some work to do and kinks to be worked out.

For example, there is already an "unofficial" modification to eliminate some hiss in the effects loop. Egnater is releasing this info if you specifically ask them for it, but they've requested that folks not openly share this info on the web as they want to track who makes this mod and how effective it is. I don't fault them for this, but it suggests that at some point Egnater will be formalizing this fix (and perhaps others) in a rev'ved version of the Rebel.

I think your best bet is to wait for Version 1.1 of the Egnater Rebel and use the Tiny Terror in the meantime.
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
the rebel can do blues but not as naturally as the TT. i found myself always on the full-34 end, and there was a lot of useable tones through the gain spectrum. but if blues is your main forte then i think the TT is better. the rebel sounded like it wanted to be on high gain but didnt do high gain flawlessly. the orange isnt flawless either but it depends where you will be on the gain spectrum most of the time. the TT wants to be on about 6-8 at all times which gives a nice low gain fluid lead and a nice light crunch as well. if you want heavier then i would say throw the TT out the window and keep the rebel as a possibility, or vice versa
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R