lately, windows xp started with buy Antivirus 2009 crap. it pops up every ten minutes saying my computer is infected and crap. it also started restarting windows every ten minutes. wtf, how do I make it stop?
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Just don't do what it tells you to do, that's for damned sure. Whatever it wants you to download is a bastard.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I have macafee so I'll run a scan now.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
I had this a while back. Turns out I had some other crap too that proceeded to attack my bios when I tried to get rid of it. I ended up just reinstalling windows, but try AVG or something.
Quote by guitar4life24
is AVG free?

AVG and avast! are both free, I like avast! better but AVG will probably get rid of it too as this one is apparently pretty common.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Rogue Hermit
tell it to be nice and go away.

Yes, but don't go hurting it's feelings now.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by guitar4life24
I have macafee so I'll run a scan now.

I lol'd. McAfee is a joke. Get AVG free if you don't want to pay for anything, otherwise get Kaspersky, unless you can find it for free illegally.. just saying.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Macafee is a load of ****. Get a real antivirus like Avast!
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
I lol'd. McAfee is a joke. Get AVG free if you don't want to pay for anything, otherwise get Kaspersky, unless you can find it for free illegally.. just saying.

I've gotta say, pirating anti-virus software is a really bad idea to us paranoid netizens.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

i had that same thing. Its spyware. I had this back in July. Mcaffee didnt pick it up. i ended up just reformatting my harddrive and starting over. I also got a different anti-virus.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
OK. I had this exactly a week ago. It ****ing sucks. I found a good free software. Try downloading Malwarebyte and run that ****. Then just delete the exe that look like av2009 etc. It should work.

Edit: Beat to it. but try it. should help.
Quote by Jerry.thewise
This has to be the funniest thing I've seen on the pit this month

Quote by HunterRiggs10
Nothing on the interwebz wins that hard.

Quote by supralightning
+10 for TS

Quote by B. Heath
that post was Full OF WIN!!1!1

I'm not actually funny...
Quote by SteveHouse
I've gotta say, pirating anti-virus software is a really bad idea to us paranoid netizens.

It's a bad idea to anyone with sense since it has to connect to the companies servers to update itself, and letting pirated software connect to the companies server is usually a pretty bad idea.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
It's a bad idea to anyone with sense since it has to connect to the companies servers to update itself, and letting pirated software connect to the companies server is usually a pretty bad idea.

Also this.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

antivirus 2009, xp and vista is... a bitch. good luck saving your data.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
malware.. avg antivirus trial version removes it and its free

go to grisoft.com to download it
another option is to go into the system registry and delete the reg keys and dll files related to it
Dignity not included.
I guess I sort of had the same thing about a month ago. It wouldn't restart Windows but every time I was on Google it took me to the Antivirus 2009 page and said I had infections that weren't real. I'm pretty sure I used the malwarebytes program and that got rid of it.
Quote by bobogeneration

another option is to go into the system registry and delete the reg keys and dll files related to it

This is what I was doing when the worm went and fucked my computer up.