And I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Plus my guitar teacher can get me a decent Jazz Bass copy plus a case for about $175. The only thing is I'm already a guitarist already with severe G.A.S., and as guitar is my main instrument, I'm saving for a new amp to replace my crap amp (Bass amp won't be a problem; I'm amazed at how cheap used bass amps go around here), so I want to know from some fellow guitarists: is the extra financial annoyance worth learning bass in addition to guitar?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Hell yes. But I have a nice monthly income, so I might be biased. Maybe you can borrow a bass from someone and try it for a couple of weeks before you decide?
next time just post something like this in the bass thread
putting the same thread in 2 forums= not cool
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
i would. im thinking about learning bass. i can play some riffs that i play on guitar and stuff but im thinking about actually learning it. anyway, enough of my useless life stories so i think you should go for it. if you have a job it wont take too long to get that much money back.
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Alright then, one last question; Should I get the Jazz Bass copy first and used bass amp first, then tube amp, or the tube amp, then the Jazz Bass copy and used bass amp?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Nov 18, 2008,
strings are a bitch for bass. (like the price) alothough you dont need to chnage them as much you will notice the money when you do here in oz

i can get a set of guitar strings for $10
while bass strings start at like $40-$50
Quote by beetroot10
strings are a bitch for bass. (like the price) alothough you dont need to chnage them as much you will notice the money when you do here in oz

i can get a set of guitar strings for $10
while bass strings start at like $40-$50

thats rediculous
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
yeah, i started on bass till i got my guitar finished, but i think it's cool to know both instruments. i say go for it.
Quote by Taniel_24
aren't bass strings like 20-30 bucks?

yeah.

I started as a bass player, I love it. I don't play as much anymore because I've been focusing on getting better at guitar because I'm in a band. But since you're more committed to guitar, I'd get a guitar amp first, then the bass stuff after. Because since you're getting a new amp, you're going to want to play your guitar more, once that love fades, you'll have the bass and be into that.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120