Page 1 of 5
Valo, BC_warlock. Simon Blackwing and Rusty- Knives have been Disqualified.

THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO FEB. 6TH

**I am truly sorry for the confusion, I'm doing it like this because I'd like to have all contestants post their song IN THIS THREAD ONLY between now and next week, and the fact that one group for a 2 week late start, (due to partner complications) so I will show some leeway and let it go one more week. I will message all judges to check this thread DAILY to rate songs. Post your song whenever between now and next Friday and I will re-post it next to your name in this reply.**

The Sign-up for Competitors are officially closed.
No more judges are being accepted.

The Contest will Officially begin Monday, January 5th, 2009 and the song deadline will be Friday, Feb. 6th. The Judges will have 1 week after the 6th to submit the scores.

Alot of people know about the Collaboration thread a couple threads down, and its
gotten kinda quiet, and im wondering, anyone here do a metalcore/hardcore collaboration song just for fun? If we get enough people we can do pairs of 2 or 4 or something and go against another group.

Interested?

PM my profile or hit up my AIM, which is GDroxbad15 or my MSN which is Mattanderson111UG@hotmail.com

*This is in Guitar Pro or Power Tab* Please export as a MIDI as well, because all the judges may not have Guitar Pro or Power Tab.

Please include an instant messaging program you have, (AIM - MSN) if you dont have one, well say i dont have one, but having one would make collaboration all the easier.

List of Names

MattAnderson111
Huevos
Friendly Stoat
Jake the Peg
Austyn6661
Ninja.Kitty
B00bs
Angrysockmonkey

Ok, what we have now are 6 teams of 2

Mattanderson111 & AngrySockMonkey - Team 1

Jake the Peg & Austyn6661- Team 3

Friendly Stoat & Huevos- Team 4

Ninja.Kitty & B00bs - Team 6

*The teams were randomly selected, I WILL NOT negotiate teams, deal with who you have.

**DO NOT POST YOUR SONG ANYWHERE BESIDES THIS THREAD , IF I SEE IT POSTED IN A DIFFERENT THREAD, YOU GET 1 HOUR AFTER I TELL YOU TO TAKE IT DOWN, OR I WILL DISQUALIFY YOU (THE USER WHO POSTED IT)**

The Deadline for Competitors will be January 4th,2009, (January 4th is the last day if you'd like to sign up as competitors) will not accept new people after the 4th. If there is an odd # of people, we will work the person into one of the groups.

Judges
Metaldud536
SOADisdabest
Ughhhhhhhh
1Crazyboy7
Mustangrobert13
Player O Slayer
Geoguitar
Sneyob
BlitzRaptor007
synpet713192
WyvernOmega
Aceofblades
Jetfuel945
Fridge_Raider
Enselmis
Leat
Razdaspaz
Master_ofmetal

I actually should add, don't rate them (by the judging criteria) until all entries are in, and do them all in the same reply.

EX.

Boobs + Ninja.Kitty's song - *Score*
*Other Team* -*Score*
*Other Team* - *Score*

Maybe leave some feedback like, this parts good, didnt like this part, blah blah blah, stuff like that.

*The judges do not need powertab or guitar pro, but it would help*

If you would like to be a judge and a judge only, please post in this thread saying that you want to be a judge.

The judges should look the song over for

• Originality
  • Creativity
  • Good Representation of the Genre at hand. *This is a Metalcore/Hardcore Collaboration. It's ok if you use a few outside influences but there should be no techno/pop/punk straightforward parts Etc.
  • Playability
  • How much you enjoy the music
  • Use of Instruments *With this i mean, if they use anything else besides the standard 2 guitars, bass and drums, Pianos,Synth,Strings, Etc.*

There will be 3 sub scores (Originality, Enjoyment and Complexity) Out of 10

When these 3 scores have been chosen, they will divide the total by 3, to get the average score.

Example

Originality - 7
Enjoyment - 8
Complexity - 5

Add these up, you get 20 then Divide by 3 and you get 6.7 (Round up to the nearest tenth)
Attachments:
Team Jake The Peg and Austyn6661.zip
Team Mattanderson111 and Angrysockmonkey.zip
Team BooBs and Ninja.Kitty.zip
Team Huevos and Friendly_Stoat.zip
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Feb 7, 2009,
Is this supposed to a collaboration ala "everybody adds their consecutive dozens of new bars to the piece", or do you plan on thouroughly composing -one- piece with the input of multiple people ?
In the first case it'd surely kick off things to a livelier start of you included a few starter riffs?

I'm interested, though I'm not the most creative type and work better at remixing/polishing pre-existing input. In that respect I've 'worked' with thomasoman, for example, before, so I think he can testify to that (though I wouldn't call it a 'collaboration').

Will see what develops. If there's something to it that strikes my fancy, I may be into it, depending on my workload.
Quote by Ailes
Is this supposed to a collaboration ala "everybody adds their consecutive dozens of new bars to the piece", or do you plan on thouroughly composing -one- piece with the input of multiple people ?
In the first case it'd surely kick off things to a livelier start of you included a few starter riffs?

I'm interested, though I'm not the most creative type and work better at remixing/polishing pre-existing input. In that respect I've 'worked' with thomasoman, for example, before, so I think he can testify to that (though I wouldn't call it a 'collaboration').

Will see what develops. If there's something to it that strikes my fancy, I may be into it, depending on my workload.

I plan on the groups being very close once we get them organized, AIM,MSN, and Yahoo, would help because Instant messaging is so much faster then PM'ing on the Ug profiles,
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Sign me up. My msn is noneedfortenchi@hotmail.com
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
Are we doing this or what?
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
If this is going on, I'm interested.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
ill join.

jake@2boats.me.uk
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
Quote by huevos
We got enough people for another team or 2.
I'd definitely like to get in on this.

Fux5151@msn.com

Also, what other parameters are there?
Deadlines, length, who the judges are, etc.

There's six extra people so far, two more and there'll be three different rounds. Or we could do 2 teams of 3 (although that's a little much).

I'd also like to know the specifics of this, if there is any.
I'm thinking, should we do a round robin tournament type thing, like each round we eliminate a team, or just have the judges pick which one is best out of all of them
Poop.

Yes, poop.
I like the idea but I think it might become a bit complicated and take too long. So it's probably best for the judges to just pick which they like best, or have a scoring system where the entries are placed in order of how much the judge liked them, if that makes sense. Just my opinion though
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Oh ****, I was gunna bitch and moan to work with Friendly Stroat.
I looked up at the first post, and whadayaknow?
I'm working with your Friendly-Neighborhood Stroat(man).

Quote by MattAnderson111

Dammit!
The funny thing is that I've removed myself from 'core music, in writing, playing, and listening of metalcore and it's affliates.
Maybe this competition will show me why I liked it in the 1st place...

Oh yeah, Friendly, you got an IM to hit you up at?
so are we allowed to start yet???
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
Quote by Jake the Peg
so are we allowed to start yet???

You can start when you talk to your partner.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
um i'm presuming that its in guitar pro/powertab ? not mp3 or anything complicated....
i'm in
R.I.P.
Chuck Schuldiner 1967-2001
Ronnie James Padavona 1942-2010
Darrell Lance Abbott 1966-2004
Jon Nödtveidt 1975-2006
Per Yngve Ohlin 1969-1991
Øystein Aarseth 1968-1993
Joe Ptaceck 1973-2010
Ace Börje Thomas Forsberg 1966-2004
if ya be needing another judge i would be really into judging this one
(signature removed, please choose another)
Quote by master_ofmetal
Im interested in judging

or if u have any more room for contenders contending

either or

if no one else joins by monday, you'll judge, but if some else does join, youll be a partner with them.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by huevos
I still haven't heard word from the Stroat.
Where you at dude?

I'll speak to you on MSN.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by Valo
My partner is bawlin', that guy is one coool cat!

We gonna own this shizz
Sweet.
Okay, I'm in I suppose! I would prefer a team with MSN, and I will warn you I'm not the greatest in this genre, but I will try my bestest .
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Another comment about the scoring system shouldn't we have enjoyability in there i mean u can have an original creative playable song that sounds terrible so.
you're going to judge metalcore and hardcore on originality?

Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Fender Telecaster American Standard
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
Quote by Flaming Chaos
you're going to judge metalcore and hardcore on originality?

Ok, smartass, would it have been better if i took the approach of saying "Something that includes some input of your own creativity" and if your good at writing the genre, you can blend it and make it sound somewhat original.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Page 1 of 5