But reverb is one word!

I should think that higher output pickups, neck thru guitars, more gain, and louder volume all have some hand to play in better sustain.
eBow if you want the easy way, very loud amp if you want the more deafening way.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by AA00P
But reverb is one word!

I should think that higher output pickups, neck thru guitars, more gain, and louder volume all have some hand to play in better sustain.

+1, except for the neck-thru bit; as proven in tests and as I learned via private testing, neck-thru actually delivers the least sustain. Bolt-on actually provides he most, contrary to popular belief.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
+1, except for the neck-thru bit; as proven in tests and as I learned via private testing, neck-thru actually delivers the least sustain. Bolt-on actually provides he most, contrary to popular belief.

All the neck thrus I've tried have had more sustain than bolt-ons.

Idk, perhaps there are other factors at work?
if your using the gain channel on your amp you should have not problem getting sustain
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
moog guitar.

I saw a video of that thing a few weeks ago, freakin' insane. The note just kept ringing and ringing, I think that could get annoying after a while though, I kinda like it when the guitar starts to fade out.
Loud tube amp, proper EQing, properly set up guitar, killer vibrato, play with the feedback - that's how all the pros do it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by AA00P
All the neck thrus I've tried have had more sustain than bolt-ons.

Idk, perhaps there are other factors at work?

Quite likely, although I've done the tests myself; two ESP's modded to sound and look identical, one new one used,, both EMG pickups, both mahogany bodies, 24 rosewood frets, the bolt-on had more sustain.

But yeah, probably more factors like the amounts of wood, pickup outputs, and stuff like that at work.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by AA00P
But reverb is one word!

You SHOULD think that... But do you...?
Quote by Øttər
The MG isn't an amplifier, it's a box filled with angry, angry bees.

XD

The junk in my trunk:
Guitar: Dean Vendetta 1
Amp: 15W Line 6 Spider III amp
Effects Gear: Boss Metal Zone MT-2 Distortion Pedal.

Next Guitar: LTD M-1000