I am ok at vibrato, but I have noticed my vibrato isnt great on sharp bends. I go to do them, and usually it just doesnt come out right. Any tips?

Also, I recently replaced my strings on my MIM Strat that I have had since August. I noticed that when I bend a note (and try vibrato) it is a little rough. Well, I thought I had fixed that problem, because for a while it has seemed like my frets were nice and smooth. Will that just smooth out over time (or will it just deteriorate into a worn fret?)

Also, how long is it usually until someone needs to replace their frets? How can you tell when you need to?

Last question is I have noticed that when I do some reall sharp bends on the e string (high e) it has a screech sound (unplugged sound). could this be caused by fret buzz, since that seems to be the only logical thing to me, maybe it is buzzing on the frets when I do sharp bends.
you can normally tell if you need new frets if you get a lot of buzz and tweaking the truss rod and/or action doesn't sort things out. Also if you're getting buzz at a specific fret. I think... you'd better contact jj1565 to make sure, she knows a lot more about setups than i do, there's a setup thread which she posts in a lot, maybe if you post in it?

regarding how long it takes, it really depends on a load of different factors...

screech sound... i'm not sure. it could be a high fret, i guess.

vibrato with bends: bend to the note, release a bit, then rebend to the note, release by the same amount you did the first time, rebend to the note, repeat. just practice a lot until you have it smooth and controlled.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hey,

i feel that if a fret gets a dent that causes buzz, if it's raised on one side or uneven, or of it's low and the fret chokes dead, then it's tine to have it polished, redressed, or even pulled.

^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i never went to school to be a guitar tech, buy ive been taking apart guitars since i was in high school. i've just been doing it a long time, that's all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
Hey,

i feel that if a fret gets a dent that causes buzz, if it's raised on one side or uneven, or of it's low and the fret chokes dead, then it's tine to have it polished, redressed, or even pulled.

^

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?