Is the EB-0 set up like starts where you have a hole going straight through the post, and then wrap around, or does it have a slot in the middle of the post that you put the string in, and then wind?

On the former, for my start copy, I simply cut it as close to the post as possible. On the latter, for my bass, I give myself about 2-3 inches spare string for wrapping.

EDIT: warned for spam.
^^You Cut the string off after you have wrapped and it set in place and kind of tuned right?
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
From pictures of it, it looks like you poke the string into the hole in the center of the peg, and wind it like that. You really don't have to cut them, but if you do leave enough room to wrap the string around the post 2-3 times.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by ZaccB
^^You Cut the string off after you have wrapped and it set in place and kind of tuned right?

I know my strings and I know my bass. Anyways, as I said, my bass has a hole in the centre of the post (as in centre if you're looking at it from the top down as a circle, not centre as in the centre of the side), you put the string in and it holds it in place, so I have to cut it before putting it in.

EDIT: I personally find 2-3 inches beyond the post (put the strings through the bridge and the nut, and under the string tree) gives enough string for a few wraps without it looking messy. As far as I'm concerned, string should never be wrapped over string, but that's probably just me being me.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I know my strings and I know my bass. Anyways, as I said, my bass has a hole in the centre of the post (as in centre if you're looking at it from the top down as a circle, not centre as in the centre of the side), you put the string in and it holds it in place, so I have to cut it before putting it in.

EDIT: I personally find 2-3 inches beyond the post (put the strings through the bridge and the nut, and under the string tree) gives enough string for a few wraps without it looking messy. As far as I'm concerned, string should never be wrapped over string, but that's probably just me being me.

Oh yea, if you have that nifty little hole, thats what I do.

But I was talking about your Strat Copy, that just lets you silde it through.

You said cut it as close to the post as possible. I was just making sure it's done AFTER the winding...
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by ZaccB
Oh yea, if you have that nifty little hole, thats what I do.

But I was talking about your Strat Copy, that just lets you silde it through.

You said cut it as close to the post as possible. I was just making sure it's done AFTER the winding...

Oh God yeah, you'd have to be an idiot if you did it before winding You'd never get a single wrap otherwise. This is the problem I had with exams way back when in secondary school- writing stuff assuming the person reading it had some knowledge about what I meant.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Oh God yeah, you'd have to be an idiot if you did it before winding You'd never get a single wrap otherwise. This is the problem I had with exams way back when in secondary school- writing stuff assuming the person reading it had some knowledge about what I meant.

Ah, well, when you said

Quote by Deliriumbassist
for my start copy, I simply cut it as close to the post as possible.

I got a little confused.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Aye, I get you. As I said, I tend to write things thinking people will know exactly what I'm on about.

Far too much faith in humanity

how do the strings not sound right?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by froggyman
they are tuned but when i play a song it sound nothing like it did with my old strings....is it just the difference in the two brands/styles?

but the E and G sound the same? hmm.

maybe.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

They're new strings, they're gonna be bright.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
They're new strings, they're gonna be bright.

this. I think your EQ probably is limiting the G string some and the thickness is making it seem less bright to you.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

I love the brightness on brand new roto 66's or Elites
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by froggyman
well i checked the tuning and the 2nd and 3rd string were both tuned to D...i changed and it sounds more like what im used to...but MUCH brighter...I kinda like it now!

ok. good. no offense, but I loled.

aren't new strings great?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

But it could be said that old strings are great too, but I'm a little pissy with mine. They sounded awesome like a month ago after (put them on about April) so I'm loving strings that are kinda just before death. Damn strings! But nothings better than bright strings though, damn you! Making me want new ones!!!
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206