Page 1 of 2
I've decided to write my next concept album. I want the story to be about a man who's going through a mental breakdown. I am going to tap into the subconscience of a man, who's life is decaying from the inside out. Here's what I'm afraid of. I am pretty much putting a bomb in my head...like, I'm going to completly do an overhaul of my brain so this album will be sucessful, the problem this creates is that when I do things like this is has the probability to turn tragic. I guess what I'm asking is if you guys think this is a good idea.
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Quote by RPGoof
Maybe if you were famous.
If you decide to **** your brain up for an album and then sell 5 copies... thats not the best idea.

Exactly.
Quote by RPGoof
Maybe if you were famous.
If you decide to **** your brain up for an album and then sell 5 copies... thats not the best idea.

this

EDIT: wait since i dont really give a s*it about it this:
Quote by Aaron0612
Do it.
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Quote by CroneR
concept albums suck

fail.

If a lot of people would buy this album, then do it. Is it even possible to **** up your brain like that?
If you aren't going to do it, just tell us how you are planning to change your brain.

Hell, I'll do it.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

ya the title sounds awesome, regardless of my previous dumbass remark, if yo go through with it, i wanna find out how it turns out
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
If you're doing it as fun go ahead, but if you're doing it to only to be succesful don't, it won't work.
If you are passionate enough to **** up ur head for the sake of a concept album, I don't think the money matters. What do you plan on doing to yourself? Because if its focked up, I will definitely buy it.
I have a very delicate mind because I've been through these metal breakdowns myself. What I'm going to do is examine the key aspects of life that people take for granted. The changes is smell, sight, taste, touch, and above all sound.
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
How the hell do you intentionally completely **** up your brain?

Heroin? That's about all I can think of, and I doubt that'd lead to a good album.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Quote by Graveworm
If god wanted you to wait til marriage why did he give you sexual urges at a teen age?

To test your faith, stupid. Just like dinosaur fossils and the sun!
Quote by rocker_46788
I've decided to write my next concept album. I want the story to be about a man who's going through a mental breakdown. I am going to tap into the subconscience of a man, who's life is decaying from the inside out. Here's what I'm afraid of. I am pretty much putting a bomb in my head...like, I'm going to completly do an overhaul of my brain so this album will be sucessful, the problem this creates is that when I do things like this is has the probability to turn tragic. I guess what I'm asking is if you guys think this is a good idea.

the wall? voyage 34? deloused in the comatorium? scenes from a memory? operation mindcrime? operation mindcrime II?

ideas not entierly original...
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
Do you even have a record deal? Do you even have a band?
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
The whole reason I'm doing this to myself is expand musically and lyrically. I want to take people to the darkest corners of my mind and show them who I am. I'm not doing it to be famous or anything, I'm doing it because I want to see if my mind can handle that much turmoil (even though it's fake). I planned on starting this on the 19th of November.
Quote by el-ECTRO
I'm pissing myself laughing. You sound like an advert for the discovery channel you moron. You're 18 for gods sake.
No record deal or band, but I love music more than the air I breathe and I'm willing to destroy myself for the sake of it. It could sell a billion copies and I wouldn't care because this is for the sake of music. Anymore it seems to me like music has lost all ties it had to art at all. I'm really sick of how bands today can play in one tuning and write the most stupid songs on the planet and be called the best of their time. I want people to really think about what it is the album is conveying and explaining.
Quote by el-ECTRO
Quote by rocker_46788
No record deal or band, but I love music more than the air I breathe and I'm willing to destroy myself for the sake of it. It could sell a billion copies and I wouldn't care because this is for the sake of music. Anymore it seems to me like music has lost all ties it had to art at all. I'm really sick of how bands today can play in one tuning and write the most stupid songs on the planet and be called the best of their time. I want people to really think about what it is the album is conveying and explaining.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Classic idea, but your not gonna be able to do it. Unless you SMOKE Angry WEED
Frusciante

zzeazz -

Im coming for you
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
I'm pissing myself laughing. You sound like an advert for the discovery channel you moron. You're 18 for gods sake.

Oh well, whatever floats his boat.

Quote by SteveHouse

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by rocker_46788

ur like a rock messia did u no that?

u shoud do it. rock on, man!!!
DOWN&OUT
All I can really say for those of you who are going to ridicule this is that I'm sorry. If your ideas are so one-sided, then I pity you. I'm not trying to be a dick but I was simply asking if you thought it was a good idea, not to hear that I shouldn't do it because I'm 18 or because I don't have a record deal.
Quote by el-ECTRO
Quote by Hanzi_G

Oh well, whatever floats his boat.

I know I'm loving him.

Threadstarter if you need any help pushing your brain to the limits give me a screwdriver and I'll help out.
Quote by RedDeath9
K, so explain to me again what exactly you're going to do to screw up your mind?

Word. Its all fun and games till you sit down with a pen and a pad and try to do it
Frusciante

zzeazz -

Im coming for you
All I want to do with this is test the limits of logical thought. They say we as people only use like 10-15 percent of our brains. What I'm attempting is to tap into the other 90 percent. This is going to go one of two ways, it's either going to be a sucess or a failure. There is no middle ground.
Quote by el-ECTRO
Quote by rocker_46788
All I want to do with this is test the limits of logical thought. They say we as people only use like 10-15 percent of our brains. What I'm attempting is to tap into the other 90 percent. This is going to go one of two ways, it's either going to be a sucess or a failure. There is no middle ground.

I can save you some time.

Failure.

Edit: And even if you did do it (impossible btw) that sounds like the most boring album ever. The limits of logical thought?

Vulcan love ballads ftw.
I think it's neat that you're thinking about writing a concept album. I'm a big fan of them myself and have thought of a few ideas. But destroying yourself mentally for a record nobody will hear? Seems a little foolish to me. Almost like a cry for attention... Maybe someday if you become a serious musician, though.

*Sigh* I feel like Dr. Phil when I give my words of wisdom.

Quote by SteveHouse

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Shiroshu
How the hell do you intentionally completely **** up your brain?

Heroin? That's about all I can think of, and I doubt that'd lead to a good album.

lolololololol

*coughTheDownwardSpiralcough*
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
I can save you some time.

Failure.

Edit: And even if you did do it (impossible btw) that sounds like the most boring album ever. The limits of logical thought?

Vulcan love ballads ftw.

While I agree with the first part... I could imagine an insanely awesome album if it was done.
Quote by rocker_46788

Fuck---no middle ground?

But if there's no middle ground, where do I, a common plebeian unable to grasp such amazing psychological exploits, stand in awe of your brilliance?
DOWN&OUT
Quote by rocker_46788
All I want to do with this is test the limits of logical thought. They say we as people only use like 10-15 percent of our brains. What I'm attempting is to tap into the other 90 percent.

HOW
Quote by CroneR
concept albums suck

... Is A Real Boy - Say Anything

Suck it bitch.

Quote by metaldud536
No U.

The thread title is misleading.

I thought it was about Jack's Mannequin
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Last edited by Auals at Nov 18, 2008,
You still haven't explained how writing an album about yourself is going to mess up your mind. I demand to know how.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Do it, i'd love to know how you're going to do it. I really want to see how this turns out.
Its a good idea, I mean, bands do that kind of thing fairly often.

Anyone listen to The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me by Brand New? Thats kind of a similar concept as TS's idea.

I fricking love that album
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Here's an even better idea. Why not put yourself through something less damaging yet still insightful, something that will challenge your perceptions, something with more emotion.

It's called happiness.

I can't think of a better way to leave behind what ever troubles you had than to go through a journey of finding happiness (with the guy in your story and/or yourself).

Silverchair kind of done this with the album Diorama.
Page 1 of 2