so my and my friends have a gig coming up to play at our schools winter formal. I know, lamest gig ever but there are girls in charge who really want us to and were getting paid so w/e. my point is that i need some songs that are well known and not too technical. we will play intermitenly and we can do slow songs with one fast one. so whats are some good dance songs?
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
"Wonderful Tonight" - Clapton
"I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" - Aerosmith

For a faster one, you could do "Walk This Way."
Stairway!
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Do Rebel Yell, that always gets a fun crowd going. Not super hard either.

Or Beat It minus the solo if you're up for it.
Sweet Child O Mine
Lips Of AN Angel (hey, its a dance)
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Stab Wound Intercourse - Gorgasm

Just kidding. Baisically any maintstream band from 2007-2008. Don't bother going back much, most teenagers today are total ingrates and/or posuers. Most that say they like Classic Rock/Metal, etc. only like, like, 3 songs from like 10 bands. Your best bet is something gay, like Hinder, The Jonas Brothers, MCR, FOB, or Hedley.
Freebird? You know somebody's going to yell it.

Hah, how about starlight by Muse?

EDIT: FALL OUT BOY IS NOT GAY!

Sorry, I'm not trying to start a flame war... just defending one of the bands that got me into music in the first place. For pop music they're pretty damn good. I'll leave it at that.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Freebird? You know somebody's going to yell it.

Hah, how about starlight by Muse?

EDIT: FALL OUT BOY IS NOT GAY!

Sorry, I'm not trying to start a flame war... just defending one of the bands that got me into music in the first place. For pop music they're pretty damn good. I'll leave it at that.

Don't worry, That's only my opinion; I'm sure many people like it, and that's great. I'm not the type of asshole to start a flame war over small things.
Quote by V.U.K
Don't worry, That's only my opinion; I'm sure many people like it, and that's great. I'm not the type of asshole to start a flame war over small things.

Good to know

Of course I think I agree with you on all the other bands you mentioned.. maybe not MCR, they have their sad little place in the music world.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
ooo i like that aerosmith one.
and for a fast one i think we might do Our Time Now by the Plain White T's
sound good? the other two are radiohead songs the girls who hired us requested.

we were also thinking pool party by the aquabats
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Nov 18, 2008,
"Wonderful Tonight" - Eric Clapton
"Tears In Heaven" - Eric Clapton
"Lenny" - Stevie Ray Vaughan
"Wind Cries Mary" - Jimi Hendrix
"Hey Joe" - Jimi Hendrix - This is a maybe. Really depends on whether or not your school is full of the types who'll be willing to dance o a more "regular" Hendrix tune.
"Crazy Little Thing Called Love" - Queen - Again, a maybe. It's a great song to dance to, but it's also a good song to cheer for the band to, you need to know if it'll distract from the dance.
And of course, the classics brought about for dancing to by Back To The Future, "Earth Angel" by the Crew-Cuts and "Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry.

A nice blues jam will also be a good way to kill time, have fun and provide music while staying in the background.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
This response may be rather vague, but I'm going to give it to you anyway. Through past years I've had a guitar to play at various parties. I am a somewhat expereinced player(8years) so when it came to playing in a social enviornment I immediately played what I thought was cool(also what I knew). So metallica and jimi hendrix was what people could listen to. Unfortunately it wasnt making the party any better. Yeah that sucks. Furthermore, a friend of mine comes up and plays some country-pop tunes and a few other easy pop songs that everyone knew and suddenly people were enjoying the music. So you must consider what other people will like. Honestly, the majority of people writing to you on this forum will give you songs they would like to hear...not songs that people at the formal would like to hear.

But I must emphasize a point I'm going to make. Play what girls enjoy. I think the whole world can agree when I say girls make the party. So when you please them with good songs they get crazy over the songs and musicians(yes, that means you!).

So a good place to start is ask a few girls of what they would like to hear. What songs? Possibly Fall Out Boy, Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, John Mayer. These are artists that have been on the Top 40. These are well known by many and girls favor these especially.

So go out and gave fun, but know that sometimes the "kinda lame songs" can really get a party going if thats what the people want.
A-mart