i currently own an epiphone les paul standard plain top. i bought that guitar 2 years ago when i was still a beginner and know nothing about guitars. now i play mostly metal and my friend said that my guitar is not good for metal. should i change my guitar ???? if so what do you recommend?
put a floyd rose in it!!! itd then be considered bad ass AND able to play metal!!!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
cut a big hole in it, drill in the studds, put in the floyd, ddone.

edit: like this:http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/img/namm/2008/guide/Les-Paul-Axcess-Floyd-Rose.jpg
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
If you want to, upgrade your Les Paul, but nothing says that it isn't good for metal. That's for your ear to decide.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by f22master
put a floyd rose in it!!! itd then be considered bad ass AND able to play metal!!!

NO!

Maybe get a guitar with a floyd rose, but putting a FR in a les paul is a terrible idea. If done incorrectly, it'll screw up your guitar for good. You can pick up a decent used guitar with a floyd rose on ebay for not too much.

if YOU (don't change just because your friend told you to) don't like the sound of your guitar, try out some different amps and figure out what you like. almost all of your guitar tone is from the amp. les pauls are perfectly capable of getting some heavy sounds. if getting a new amp is not your thing, you could consider getting new pickups, but i'd go for an amp before that.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
What ur friend said is a matter of personal prefferance
you dont see too many metal players today with les pauls
but back then, 'back in the day' you did. I've seen Randy Rhoads with a les paul and he was amazing. You are already use to the size of your Les Pauls neck. I learned on a strat and everytime i pick up a les paul its a little more difficult to play as fast as i can on a strat. You see most metal players w. guitars w. ultra thin necks. So its really up to you. But a les paul w. a tremelo system would be pretty bad ass.
i wouldnt worry about it. your amp does good metal tones and your guitar has the right type of pickups for metal (humbuckers). unless youre not satisfied with your metal tone then dont worry about it.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Your friend is retarded, les pauls are pretty much a jack of all trades. If you don't like your tone get some new pickups.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
in my opinion(and i hope he reads this) your friend needs to keep his thoughts of what good a guitar is to himself. your guitar is fine for metal. but more importantly are you going to give up a guitar because your friend said so??? with a guitar like that there are endless types of sounds and styles you can apply to that thing. honestly giving it up is probably not a sensible nor economic choice. epiphone does make a solid guitar...especially for its price. so foregoing the opportunity to keep your guitar(c'mon..its what building your musical foundation on!!! sentimental type?) would involve greater losses compared to the benefits of changing your guitar for a friend's approval.

in addition there are plenty of effects pedals available on today market to find that "metal" sound. i don't think changing or replacing your guitar is the right solution. perhaps buying another guitar instead of changing/replacing?

as you have said....you've only been playing for two years and i dont know how old you are but by judging the way you write and your user name i'd say you're in your mid-teens. therefore, im going to give you some advice. allow yourself to be open to different suggestions with regard to music(or even anything), but the only musical direction you will go on is your own. so decide for yourself what options you have and what meets and pleases your music needs the most.

for the bottom line to answer your question: No, I don't recommend you change your guitar.
A-mart
O.o Les Pauls are like, top of the food chain guitars, dude! Don't trade it in. Does your friend play guitar? >.< I can't believe you'd think of trading that.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i currently own an epiphone les paul standard plain top. i bought that guitar 2 years ago when i was still a beginner and know nothing about guitars. now i play mostly metal and my friend said that my guitar is not good for metal. should i change my guitar ???? if so what do you recommend?

Your guitar is fine.
Your friend is a knob.

That's pretty much it really.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com