being a senior i spend a good third of my school day in my schools music ed office working on recording stuff. so i want to buy an amp that i can use for recording there off ebay

i was looking at the crate v18 212. i just want to know will this keep up a drummer and still be clean? if not how much break up will it be at the lowest volume needed to keep up wit the drummer? (hope that one made sense) i play generally blues and classic rock. im gonna leave this at school because im sick of playing through a sterile sounding SS keyboard amp

edit:

or should i get the v50

whats the main differences in their sound

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Last edited by timzee117 at Nov 18, 2008,
Mainly the voicing. The V18 has EL84's (British) I think and the V50 has 6L6's (American).
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
My Palomino V16 can keep up with a drummer just fine and remain clean, and it's 15 watts just like the V18.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Its a great little amp. Its a step up for any new guitarist or any guitarist looking to get a quick and simple boost to their tone's quality.

I can't say that all tube amps are better than all solid state amps. But to me the sound of a real overdriven tube amp cranked to the max simply cannot be copied.

Get the v50 however, it has a few more tonal options.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel