oh my god... I'm takin' this Women's Literature of Africa, Asia and South America course... and it's... rediculous. My professor is a first year teacher and she's indian, so all 6 novels for this course are about india or pakistan (I guess one was about sri lanka) and are all diaspora and just... the same thing over and over again.

I have to write a 10 page paper about this last book and come up with 8 discussion questions for class tomorrow, but... I'm starring at the blinking cursor in microsoft word. I haven't even opened the book, I'm sick of these books.

Anyone else get the type of work from school that when you sit down to do it, you just shut down?
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Yes. Every class. I try to do it, but just don't want too.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
If they are the same thing over and over just give her a paper from one of the previous books and put a picture of an otter at the bottom of the last page just to make it that little bit different.
Quote by Paquijón
Why in the world did you even consider taking such a course???

This mans got a point.

What exactly were you expecting from this course? It seems to me you are getting what you signed up for.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by Paquijón
Why in the world did you even consider taking such a course???

my thoughts exactly..that is way too long for a course name. I stay away from those long ones at all costs. good luck!
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Yeah, I'm working on an essay on why General Motors doesn't sell crack.

Go figure, it's by Michael Moore.
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
Quote by Thomme
oh my god... I'm takin' this Women's Literature of Africa, Asia and South America course... and it's... rediculous. My professor is a first year teacher and she's indian, so all 6 novels for this course are about india or pakistan (I guess one was about sri lanka) and are all diaspora and just... the same thing over and over again.

I have to write a 10 page paper about this last book and come up with 8 discussion questions for class tomorrow, but... I'm starring at the blinking cursor in microsoft word. I haven't even opened the book, I'm sick of these books.

Anyone else get the type of work from school that when you sit down to do it, you just shut down?

yeah. like right now im supposed to be doing an english paper. but instead it is 11:20 and im in the pit replying to this.
i need to learn to focus better...
Quote by Habs
I'm a vegitarian, pot smoking, alcoholic

To a T. I'm'an English Studies major, specialty Women's Lit, Minor Women's studies. It's an awesome track, except when your teacher doesn't follow the broad curriculum and only chooses books pertaining to her heritage. When I signed on I was expecting the course description, "africa, asia and south america," not, "2000 pages of indian women being oppressed the same way everytime."

I shouldn't say that, it's not fair... one book was about a man named after a russian author, and the other about incestual twins... and the other about a women who empowers herself by killing a man...

but, yeah. Fact remains, this course is not what it was supposed to be.

Quote by NailgunMassacre
yeah. like right now im supposed to be doing an english paper. but instead it is 11:20 and im in the pit replying to this.
i need to learn to focus better...

bingo
I have to do a work about Hamurabi's code but I'm tired.
BTW Hamurabi was more brutal than most metal bands.
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Quote by tsukoyomimoon
I have to do a work about Hamurabi's code but I'm tired.
BTW Hamurabi was more brutal than most metal bands.

most of the pre renasaince (sp?) world was... you remember what the spanish did during the inquisition? YIKES!

PS, I don't appreciate your "anti-ibanez" league thing, my Ibanez strat is one of the best strats I've ever played...
Last edited by Thomme at Nov 18, 2008,
I hear ya buddy.

I got two research papers comin up in the next two weeks that I really let get the jump on me.

They're kinda open ended though so I could potentially have fun with them.

They've been stalking me. Trying to make me feel uneasy. I'll get by though. I always do.
Quote by Thomme

PS, I don't appreciate your "anti-ibanez" league thing, my Ibanez strat is one of the best strats I've ever played...

It's my personal experience, I haven't tried a good Ibanez yet.
You don't have to agree with me, I'm just expressing my opinion.
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Quote by tsukoyomimoon
It's my personal experience, I haven't tried a good Ibanez yet.
You don't have to agree with me, I'm just expressing my opinion.

you should check out what my ibanez is... cause it really is one of the NICEST strat style guitars I've played (rivaling 70's fenders) since I got the refret done... the sound kind'a turns me off these days, but I can fix that with new pups.

Ok, it has a boat neck, but it's THE BEST boat neck fender I've ever played. LOVE IT! I could slap a fender logo on the headstock, refinish it and no one would know the differance...