which pickup goes in the neck and which goes in the bridge if i have and emg - 81 and an emg - 85
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
epiphone les paul custom elitist with duncans
blackheart handsome devil
peavey vyper

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Well the usual set-up is the 81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck, but you can switch it... most people dont though.
they go whichever way you like the sound the best.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Yeah, the standard is 81 bridge and 85 neck. If you don't mind experimenting, try it the other way around and tell us what you think (or post clipzors, I've never heard it that day).
i think ill do it standard but if i do some expermenting ill post some clips
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
epiphone les paul custom elitist with duncans
blackheart handsome devil
peavey vyper

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
No offense, but why did you spend money on EMGs when they won't make a very big difference with your amp?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Yeah active pickups + small practice SS amp might sound worse than passive pickups.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I have a fender Tele with basic pickups. thnking of getting EMG-T sets any ideas or better ideas? I play punk and need something better than i already have
Fender Telecaster
Vox AD100VT
Epiphone Bob Marley Commemorative Les Paul Special
Dunlop Cry baby

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself"
I stole this!!
The tones fine it's just i get really bad feed back from them. I have been reading online and everywhere i look it seems the cheap stock pickups are known for this. I choose EMG-T's coz elhefe from NOFX uses them.
Fender Telecaster
Vox AD100VT
Dunlop Cry baby

I stole this!!
No, I don't think it's your pickups. Fender's don't have have cheap stock pickups, they're decent.
When you say feedback, do you mean a squealing high pitched tone? Or do you mean there's a lot of hum?

The squealing indicates several things:
1 - Use less gain.
2 - Stand further away from your amp.
3 - Roll down your volume knob when you're not playing.

As for the hum..
1 - This is normal with single coil pickups.
2 - Use less gain.
3 - Shield your guitar according to the guide on guitarnuts.com. I use the copper tape from stewmac.com.
OK i'll try this first. THanks for the advice
Fender Telecaster
Vox AD100VT
Dunlop Cry baby

I stole this!!
i have an 81 and an 85 in an ibanez
i placed them 85 neck 81 bridge

the 85 (being hotter) gives the neck position a nice boost and sounds pretty nice clean, which worked out pretty well considering i found out the 81 sounds bad clean and i wanted a good clean neck pup
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Quote by thsrayas
No offense, but why did you spend money on EMGs when they won't make a very big difference with your amp?

ACTUALLY
they make a BIG difference with that amp
i used to have that exact amp a while back
and the only reason i kept it as long as i did
was cause the emgs made the distortion tolerable
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
I don't want to spend out the £160 for the EMG's if it's not gonna be worth it. They cost like half what i payed for the guitar lol.
Fender Telecaster
Vox AD100VT
Dunlop Cry baby

I stole this!!
^^ i paid $150 for both of mine
and i bought them seperately
Glimsom wrote: