waiting in line for food stamps.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Last edited by freshtunes at Nov 19, 2008,
well there's not much of a ryhme scheme going on there and i can't get what ur talking about i'm guessing it's about starvation though in an obscure way, most likely u wrote while u were high and u had the munchies :P
i really cant get behind the first stanza, even getting the velvet underground reference. it just doesnt seem to go anywhere
i do enjoy the second one though. it reminds me strongly of a lot of Radiohead's lyrics in its disconnected weirdness. i truly like the line 'shaking like a war vet'

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=999460
Bananas?

I don't know if you had to make the Dandy reference this clear. I'm rather unsettled/surprised by the transition in between stanzas. I kind of wonder where you wanted to take me. It's like I'm left wanting more at the end..........which makes a terrible amount of sense regarding what I could get out of it.

Still, not a piece that I will remember for days on end, but nevertheless genuine concept, if that's what you intended it to be. I still feel like I'm missing something.
Quote by ChordMonger
it reminds me strongly of a lot of Radiohead's lyrics in its disconnected weirdness.

Exactly why I enjoyed it.

I think this is not to be read, and understood, but experienced. You kinda have to think like the writer when reading a piece like this.
The word bananas need not be there.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
You're right, its better without it.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
I really enjoyed finding the significance and meaning of the first verse, but the second stanza just threw my thoughts way off track and I became quite lost. Of course, I could find alternate meanings to the second section, but it's very difficult to tie the two together in any sort of regulation, all I could see was something transparent.
Maybe other people have conjured more articulate and accurate revelations on this, but I just don't feel confident. I find myself feeling quite thick when going over it, as if it's too smart for my poor, insignificant mind.
I hope you understand. I have been forced to say the same thing concerning other pieces as well, it's not just this.