mreed1990
Om nom nom nom
324 IQ
So what do you guys think of him. I don't really mean his songs him as a guitar player.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Natrone
UG's Festive Brad Paisley
3,126 IQ
He and Brad Paisley are two of the most talented guitarists who will never get the credit they deserve because of the genre of music the chose to play.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Awaken
Only Passion
228 IQ
Quote by Natrone
He and Brad Paisley are two of the most talented guitarists who will never get the credit they deserve because of the genre of music the chose to play.

Brad Paisley is the man

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Natrone
UG's Festive Brad Paisley
3,126 IQ
Awesome! We've got some love for the country guitarists! Whoo!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
eds1275
387 IQ
I saw him live two or three years ago...Damn good guitar player. Not really my style (some family members had tickets and I figured "why not...?") but you have to acknowledge that he's very proficient with what he does.

Paisley is ok, but Urban is a better player.

I like Paisley's image more than Urban's though...
Rhythm__Guitar
Banned
246 IQ
From what I've seen he's a great guitar player. Although I still say Albert Lee is the best country guitarist.
An interesting fact about Keith Urban is his music isn’t that well known here in Australia. (Which is weird considering he's Australian). He's just known as Nicole Kidman's husband over here.
nick_winch
78 IQ
IMO Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are the best guitarists in the industry right now. VERY UNDERATED, they just ooze talent. Im sick of people thinking that metal is so talented and country sucks. Any retard can play a bunch of power chords, but these 2 really have more talent then they get recognized for. In fact it pisses me off, that most people don't know about them, and just say all country is the same, banjo's and twanging. watch this and tell me that they aren't amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-gP7DpRSag
slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
Quote by nick_winch
IMO Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are the best guitarists in the industry right now. VERY UNDERATED, they just ooze talent. Im sick of people thinking that metal is so talented and country sucks. Any retard can play a bunch of power chords, but these 2 really have more talent then they get recognized for. In fact it pisses me off, that most people don't know about them, and just say all country is the same, banjo's and twanging. watch this and tell me that they aren't amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-gP7DpRSag

This, but I like metal and country. Brad Paisley is a good guitarists too, and I listen to country almost as much as metal(or any other type of rock).
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd
2,195 IQ
if you've heard him play outside of his usual songs, you'll know hes easily today's best player.
It's okay, Lt. Shinysides. You don't have to eat it now, you're just sleeping, you can eat it later. You can eat it later Lt. Shinysides!
nick_winch
78 IQ
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
if you've heard him play outside of his usual songs, you'll know hes easily today's best player.

i agree, i think he just keeps it simple with most of his songs because no radio station is going to want to here a 4 minute solo (even if it is amazing) although, the extended solo for "Stupid Boy" was recored but they never play it on the radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0H4Vr6Czwo
SeanJovi
Dr. Rick Dagless, M.D.
553 IQ
It's funny, Keith urban gets the reputation as the guitar slinger but Brad Paisley is a much better guitar player.
BillyTee
133 IQ
Thats true. Urban was asked if he could get a lesson from ANY guitar player, live or dead, who would it be. Without hesitation he answered "Brad Paisley".
nick_winch
78 IQ
Quote by SeanJovi
It's funny, Keith urban gets the reputation as the guitar slinger but Brad Paisley is a much better guitar player.

well, ive seen individual interviews of them, and they both said that the other one was a better guitar player. Im a little biased because Keith is my favourite musician. But Brad is probably better, only because he can do any style, (not just rock and country as Keith usually does). Brad even came out with an instrumental album called "Play". The cover is awesome it's his tele playing on a playground (hence the title). on that album Brad plays blues, metal, country, rock...and whatever's left.

But i think both are the best in music right now. period.
pistols
i no longer like chicken
1,403 IQ
i've been kind of keen on hearing some more technically skilled country stuff (not saying country isn't technically skilled, i just can't think of another way of saying it...not quite shred, but in a shred context perhaps?) so thanks for sharing that rollercoaster video, it's insane. i knew the guy could write some good songs but i had no idea he could do that.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Baba O'Riley
23 IQ
Keith Urban is great. He has lots of passion and good songs. I love Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
SeanJovi
Dr. Rick Dagless, M.D.
553 IQ
Quote by pistols
i've been kind of keen on hearing some more technically skilled country stuff (not saying country isn't technically skilled, i just can't think of another way of saying it...not quite shred, but in a shred context perhaps?) so thanks for sharing that rollercoaster video, it's insane. i knew the guy could write some good songs but i had no idea he could do that.

Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, and other country guitarists really do their best playing live. It's a shame you don't hear more technical stuff on their records (with the exception of Brad's album "Play"), but guitar solos are not radio friendly.