Hi, I use a Schecter C-1+ and it has "Duncan Designed" pickups. Back then when I bought the guitar, I was into heavy things like Avenged Sevenfold. I changed my music taste now, and I'm more into softer stuff like poprock-punk.

so I don't really want to spend a thousand or so on a brand new guitar, but are there any pickups that can give me a poprockish sound with a schecter?

like for example, if I take the pickups of a les paul standard (name?) and put it on my schecter, would it sound good?

thanks
those duncan designed pups should do poprock-punk pretty well since they're probably modeled after the jazz/jb combo. what amp do you have ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Umm...the Duncan Designed pickups are pretty much better for pop/rock/punk than they are for metal. Don't change a thing.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
b-52 at 112. with an mxr ten band. and bad monkey od. idk, its just kinda "heavy" in my opinion. i actually want a light "mesa"-sound if thats possible.
I'm gonna go with the usual saying. Get a Duncan JB/Jazz

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Think you're gold with what ya got. Have 2 agree with others here. Hey, that's good news. More $$ for something else.......& there's always something else!
Guitar & Bass
I also have a Schecter C1 plus. I would definitely change the pickups in it. The original pickups sounded pretty bad in my opinion and now that I've changed them the guitar sounds a great deal better. I put in Dimarzios. A super distortion in the bridge and and evolution in the neck. I really like how they sound.
From heavy stuff to pop rock/ punk? hmmmm. . . let you fingers create a sound first before you try and change you equip. They are different "styles" of playing. You can play heavy stuff on an acoustic. . . and have it come across as heavy. Develop a style. Too many guys think that havin EMG make them a heavy metal god etc. It's all about technice. Pickin, strummin, etc. Go with what you got. Plus the 10 band eq. you can mold your sound but first it's in the hands bro.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

Not to say I don't love the sound that diff pickups give me. . . I just hear too many monotonous robotic players with out any style. Sorry for the rant. ha ha

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

just wondering/too lazy to look up-

what pickups do the gibson les paul STUDIO and STANDARD have?
um... amp settings? make it more trebly than what you'd use for metal. i use
6-mid
8-bass
9- treble
when i'm playing pop-punk rhythm.
bridge pup - Dimarzio Norton
neck pup - Dimarzio Humbucker from hell
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
bridge pup - Dimarzio Norton
neck pup - Dimarzio Humbucker from hell

I wouldn't put the Norton in the Bridge..
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
I wouldn't put the Norton in the Bridge..

and why is that?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Sorry i got confused with the Air norton here is some information on the Norton that might help

The sound of a Norton® is right between FRED® and The Tone Zone®. It's got some FRED-like harmonic overtones that can only be described as nasty, with more of the power and mid-range of the heavyweight Tone Zone®. The same patented dual-resonance design used in FRED® and The Tone Zone® delivers a sound that's hotter and "bigger" than any vintage model, but not as loud as a distortion-class humbucker. Norton® might be our most versatile bridge pickup. Combine it with a wide choice of neck pickups like the Air Classic™, PAF®, PAF Pro® and Air Norton™.
Tech Talk: Norton® was originally designed to extend the tonal range and power of standard output humbuckers without going over the top. It's more modern than a PAF® sound: the benchmark Les Paul/Marshall combination yields more midrange crunch and high frequency pick harmonics than vintage-style pickups were capable of putting out. Really good for opening up the sound of mahogany set-neck guitars.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Sorry i got confused with the Air norton

The norton is an awesome pup... Alot of people just assume air norton whenever norton is suggested
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah