when you record, TWO tracks for guitar, one at time, are the settings the same?

like one lead, and one rhythm, are the settings on the amp the same? if not, what should be different.

thanks
I do personally but only because I just want to remove that problem of having an unbalance there. I do do a different tone for lead but only if there is 3 guitars playing.
So rhythm is stereo'd as normal then a new lead in the centre
if it is a solo or something I usually just boost the mids (play around with them until something sounds good to you), and up the gain, or add an overdrive, or delay pedal or something
lead can use a little more treble and the rythm can use a little more bass...most guitars have the pickup switch on them..using that usually sufices for less complicated projects
~ Requiem of Innocence ~
like in this one song im trying to record. everything is the same except for the intro. the intro for guitar one is power chords, and intro for guitar two is a little riff, like 20 seconds.

besides that everything else is the same

so would i need to change the settings for both guitarS?
it's up to you, just experiment, whenever you have the time just record the same thing hundreds of different ways and see what sounds best.
Quote by DannyRL
when you record, TWO tracks for guitar, one at time, are the settings the same?

like one lead, and one rhythm, are the settings on the amp the same? if not, what should be different.

thanks

Usually the EQ is a little different, a bit higher EQ/more overdriven for the lead so it's distinguishable. But there's really no hard and fast rule.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Settings will always change for each track and as stated above, there are no "set rules". You just have to try some things out when recording and try to get the best sound.
If you setup the tracks both exactly the same and used the same amp and guitar you may get phasing at some points in the song which doesn't sound good.

Change the EQ around a little on the amp and try different pickup selections. I usually use the neck pickup for rhythm and the bridge for lead.