Hey guys, I'm brand new to the forums here but I've been a regular reader of the lessons and tabs from the site.
I've been playing for about 2 years or so now and have only played a few types of basses...not very many to fool around with in a small town such as mine.
Currently I play a Fender P-Bass, but want something heavier and yet still versatile.
The birthday is coming up soon, and since the P-Bass was used before I got it, it's getting a little old, and I would much rather just buy a new bass in general.
I'm considering buying a Dean since I love to play Metal and other heavy genres, but I also love playing more punky bands such as TBS, and even prog-rockish type bands such as The Mars Volta or Rush. Funk fusion and jazz are great to play as well.
My question is about the Dean Razorback 4-String bass. I've read it can be pretty versatile and yet still has that metal feel to it and is also quite powerful. I was wondering any body's opinion on it.
Here's a link to it.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/reviews?base_pid=519354&page=1&sc=date&so=desc

Thanks everyone!
Dean isn't so good. bad feel, uncomfortable shape, fragile design (drop that thing it's all over for a little spiky thing, I bet)

try a Schecter maybe? or even better a jazz. that would probably be a better tonal foil than the Schecter to the jazz, imo. but the Schecter does do metal really well...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
im thinking ibanez
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by the humanity
Dean isn't so good. bad feel, uncomfortable shape, fragile design (drop that thing it's all over for a little spiky thing, I bet)

try a Schecter maybe? or even better a jazz. that would probably be a better tonal foil than the Schecter to the jazz, imo. but the Schecter does do metal really well...

Thanks for replying.
I have been considering a Schecter Stiletto Custom. They are quite beautiful and aren't much more expensive. Not too sure of any Ibanez's though...although I know that they are generally good basses.
Quote by TeddyBearJenkin
Thanks for replying.
I have been considering a Schecter Stiletto Custom. They are quite beautiful and aren't much more expensive. Not too sure of any Ibanez's though...although I know that they are generally good basses.

SRX is pretty nice. the SR500 is also great. not as pretty as the Schecter, probably, but worth looking at.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I don't know how they can have a Dimebag bass, seems kinda silly. What's wrong with Rex?
Think he's already got his own sig that Spector make+Dean have gone way over the top with sticking Dimebag's name on pretty much anything pointy
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis