Kustom Amplification is a manufacturer of guitar and bass amplifiers and PA systems.

Founded in 1966, the original main selling point of Kustoms was their appearance: Kustom was the first to mass-produce amplifiers covered in Tuck-And-Roll naugahyde, similar to some automobile upholstery at the time. The amplifiers featured solid-state circuitry instead of vacuum-tube-based designs so common in the 60s.

Original Kustom amps state "Kustom by Ross" on their plastic medallion on the grill cloth. Eventually production shut down at the Chanute factory and the company name was sold. Before Bud Ross lost the company, as a promotional event, he covered the stage of the local Eagles hall with Red Sparkle, Champagne Sparkle, and Blue Sparkle Tuck-And-Roll, which is still visible there today.

A reformed Kustom has started in 2005 incorporating tube pre-amplifier and power amplifiers in some of its models. Early models in the new line seemed to be geared towards beginners and were of poor quality. However, newer models are geared towards serious players and try to emulate many features of the originals. Kustom also originally used Altec-Lansing speakers. However, since Altec-Lansing has ceased production of their instrument speakers in favor of consumer grade speakers, the new Kustom amps use Eminence speaker.
(Ripped from Wikipedia)

Kustom Offical Website

Share your pics & experiences with Kustom amps and your views on these amps.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Nov 19, 2008,
'73 Kustom II Bass count? I don't know if you're counting the real kustoms from back in the day.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I have a kustom KGA10 10-watt ss practice amp and I can honestly say it is one of the best amps i've ever had. It has never packed up on me and the sound is awesome from such a little amp. Highly recommended for anyone starting out or even an experienced guitarist to practice with.
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Quote by Thomme
'73 Kustom II Bass count? I don't know if you're counting the real kustoms from back in the day.

All Kustom amps count!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I just bought a Kustom Defender from ebay. It's a pretty great amp!
sorry, I meant Kustom III Bass, not two. Cool, though. This is the first time this Kustom has gotten me accept and not excluded.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I got a Kustom 36' coupe. it's the best amp that I've ever owned. you can get so many different tones out of it.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Defender here.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
I've got my first amp yet. It was a '68 black tuck and roll Kustom 200. The cabinet had two 15" speakers and a horn. Now I've got a blue sparkle tuck and roll cab with two 15" speakers. I wished I still had the original cab and the '68 strat too. I bought it 'cause it sound the most like a tube amp but was SS. Keyboards, guitars, basses, and vocals have all been run thru it. And it is none the worst for the wear. I does a great job on the surf music.