hey UG,
I have to re drill a stratocaster bridge pivot hole and I was wondering whether I can use something else instead of a dowel... also do you use glue and what type?

Last edited by striker327 at Nov 19, 2008,
Wll you should probably use a dowel as they are going to be the closest shape.

Titebond original wood glue.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by striker327
Ok thanx... But I have seemed to have fixed it

how did you do it?
Thank you please.
Quote by striker327
I just used a piece of skewer to tighten it up

A wooden skewer? Like a dowel?
nah.. I was going to dowel it but i figured i can break off a couple of bits of skewer and shove it in and create a new thread with the screw
Quote by guitarcam123
thats pretty much doweling
not really.
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by JackoMBA
Isn't a skewer like a big toothpick? Just wondering.

Or like thin dowel...

Still, probably better than matchsticks!