Page 1 of 3
I've been thinking about this and wanted some opinions
Two big movies that have been announced are

Metal Gear Solid:
This is from Wikipedia
Creator Hideo Kojima confirmed in 2006 that a film adaptation of MGS was in development.[108] He also hinted that the movie may be set in Alaska, the original setting for the game.[109] Despite pitching his ideas regarding the movie, voice of Solid Snake, David Hayter, will not be writing the final script or directing the film.[110] Kurt Wimmer is now allegedly writing the script for the movie.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ai7UptLSTRU

I think that Metal gear solid can be made into a decent movie but Prince of Persia not so much. I actually think games shouldn't be made into movies anyway, but that's just my opinion.
What does the pit think of games being made into movies?
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Never works, always sucks.

Except FF7 Advent Children, but thats 1 in a 1000 that worked
There's also a Bioshock film in the works, and the rights for a Gears Of War film have been sold, and Cliff B has been confirmed as some sort of director role.

Quote by JackalUK

Very true.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by JackalUK
Halo also, and Metroid if I remember correctly

I think they scrapped the idea of a Halo film. Thank god.
The worse idea, ever.

Making films into games, sometimes works. But the other way round never works.

All though Tomb Raider half worked.
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
they messed up Max Payne, which could have been AWESOME.

so no. and no to mgs as well... stick with the games... they're an interactive film anyway. Oh, and the cool psp MGS1 comic- movie. that is awesome.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
If Hollywood could actually do something RIGHT, it might be a good idea. But they can't, so no.. Not a good idea, imo.

Now, if they did things right, I think Final Fantasy 10 would make a fuking amazing movie.
S T R A W B E R R I E S
<333

sex

Strawberries
Quote by LifesSweetDrug
The worse idea, ever.

Making films into games, sometimes works. But the other way round never works.

All though Tomb Raider half worked.

No, it didn't. The only redeeming aspect of that movie was Angelina Jolie sideboob.
You're*
Quote by JackalUK

that's also because ff7 fitted perfectly into the anime style fighting stuff.

metal gear solid sounds makeable, but some of the freaky stuff like vamp will kind of ruin the realism that is required to make movies good.
Sent from my iPad.
metal gear solid games are already movies loleo olol
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
as long as Uwe Boll doesn't do it, i don't see how it could possibly go wrong!
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by rorythefaggot
metal gear solid games are already movies loleo olol

with occasional moments of gameplay. ololol
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Meh, so far I dont know of any game->movie cross over that has worked, the final fantasy 7 film was okay, it was watchable...but I dont count anime films as proper films which these two are referring to. I think its also on part to do with Hollywood being out of touch with consumers, it seems to think all we want is pure action with no character development and a half-baked storyline.
So instead of it being a movie version of the game, it normally becomes an action movie based on the story of the game.
Quote by Night_Lights
they messed up Max Payne, which could have been AWESOME.

so no. and no to mgs as well... stick with the games... they're an interactive film anyway. Oh, and the cool psp MGS1 comic- movie. that is awesome.

I think the major reason for Max Payne to **** up, was the directors ineptitude to find an actor that actually looks and might talk like he does in the game.

Why is it always that faggot who gets the roles? Haven't they figured anything out from his previous movies?!?!?
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Movies would be better if the casting wasn't usually such utter shit..

(see: Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne, Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft, Jake Gyllenhaal as the Prince of fuckin' PERSIA)

Though I like the Resident Evil films.
Quote by JackalUK

That's because some of the original makers of FF7 worked on it.

A lot of the original makers of the video games don't work on (or hardly even ever pay attention to) the movie versions of their games.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Blackening
if they do a pacman movie i will commit suicide.........

I'd laugh. Not at you though unless you do it in a funny way.

Pokemon Movie. Oh wait....
I think Force Unleashed would make an awesome movie, the game's done in that style anyway.
Yeh totally against it, however i didnt mind silent hill......
PuTTing it StRAIGHt In YOUr MoUTH
I'd want to see indigo prophecy as a movie. That would be intertsting.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
ya course it a good idea halo is going to be brill and the director petter jackson will do it justice
They should make a god of war movie.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
i've heard something about a guitar hero movie ;o anyone else heard this..?
Quote by Placenta_07
I think he likes me more than a friend but I like girls, like when I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

Quote by 12Jim34
^Wow. That's pretty abnormal.
Quote by JackalUK

ONLY because it added more to the story. Many video-game movies either recreate the video game's story or use a completely different story (for example, Blood Rayne took place something like 100 years before the games and did not pertain to the video games' story lines)
The Hitman movie was horrendous. They completely changed his character and made him fall in love.

In the games the only time you think he likes something is this bird he has, which he kills so that he can get away quietly because it's chirping.

God i hope they don't ruin anymore classic games especially MGS.
I've seen only one game movie that was very good.

And I didn't ever think it would be an Uwe Boll movie.
Really, we watched Postal with the guys kinda for ****s and giggles to see how bad it was, expecting it to be the usual Boll quality. I was kinda surprised how more awesome it got all the time.

That's how you make a movie based on a game.
I think Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 would make good movies. But thats just me
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by msuspartan
I think Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 would make good movies. But thats just me

Impossibe.
Way too much adaptability.
People would be mad becuase the character didn't follow the path that they deemed as 'the best'
Quote by Rookie One
makes jizz shoot out of your don johnson
I couldn't see it working well in most cases. I could see MGS working as a passable movie, but the games are already basically movies in themselves. Most of the movies based off of video games would end as a crappy movie with the name of a well known video game just tacked on. Sad but true.
Put on some pants, its time to dance! -The Happy Phrase

Quote by Alice Cooper
The hippies wanted peace and love. We wanted Ferraris, blondes and switchblades.

Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because... Disaster, you good sir, are a f*cking genius!
Quote by Disaster Area42
I couldn't see it working well in most cases. I could see MGS working as a passable movie, but the games are already basically movies in themselves. Most of the movies based off of video games would end as a crappy movie with the name of a well known video game just tacked on. Sad but true.

That's true, video games are like movies that can keep someone's attention for more than two hours. For example, playing through Zelda: Twilight Princess would take something near 40 hours (knowing what you're doing and no side-quests). It's got a lot of story in there, too, which is more than you can say for many movies.

The point is, Video games are their own media. Games based on movies don't work very often, and movies based on games are worse.
Better than all video game movies before it.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1770138
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by JackalUK

FFVII:AC was passable.

It wasn't really THAT great. Yes, it brought the characters to the screen, it looked amazing, and fight scenes were phenomenal, and Sephiroth was involved.

But the dialogue was weak, the story wasn't fantastic, and it just seemed far, far, far too rushed. Only Cloud, Tifa, and (to a lesser extent) Vincent were the only characters from the original game that were portrayed prominitely, and the others were on screen for maybe 10 minutes.

Plus, the movie's only really accessible to fans of the series. If you had never played/known a good bit about the story beforehand, then you're completely lost, seeing as they give no background to the story.

That's the thing people need to realise. While the video game movie adaptations aren't the best movies they could be, everyone wants them to be hardcore into the story of the game (which isn't a bad thing, but still). The movie companies have to make their movies as accessible as possible to the general public.

While there is a market for video game movies, it's not enough for them to make good money. And you can't expect them to put millions upon millions of dollars into a film with a very limited scope and fanbase, and then make enough money to pay for the budget.

I want good video game movies as much as the next guy, but to expect 100% true adaptations is unreasonable.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by insomniac_style
Res Evil 1 was alright, 2 was bad, not seen 3 yet. The Mario Bros movie was awesome i thought street fighter movie was cheesy as balls, but i enjoy it.

im curous as to how MGS will turn out
3 is pretty awful.

Especially since the smokin hot chick who played Jill Valentine isn't in it.
Quote by insomniac_style
Res Evil 1 was alright, 2 was bad, not seen 3 yet.

Extinction is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Like you said, the first was ok, the second was ****, but honestly, the third is amazing.

Watch this.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gUBgXeOL4DQ
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Page 1 of 3