Page 1 of 3
Hey people

I went to see Paul in Leeds last night and he was amazing, he put 1 note wrong all night, ONE! phenomenal playing and such a nice guy when meeting him at the end, he truly is an inspiration, here are the pictures

I asked him to do one of his cartoons and he happily obliged he then went off to eat a Chinese with his band :P

The only bad thing now is that i can't really change to Bare knuckle pickups now not sure weather i should even play it...
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Nov 19, 2008,
NO...NO...i cant see tinypic lol...
lucky sod anyway!!
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
That's the best I've ever seen..
I'm not sure wether you should play it, either..
Looks great
Quote by sharpant

he then went off to eat a Chinese with his band :P

What?
'Member #3 FZ fanclub'
[IMG]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/mevi.jpg[/IMG]
Take it to a paint shop an have some one put some clear coats of lacquer (ensure the lacquer is compatible with the type of pen used) over that as soon as possible, the you can still play it.

Looks awsome, Gilbert is brilliant

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
AWESOME! at first I was thinking I'm glad its not my PGM getting signed, but that cartoon+sig = pure winsauce. I'm not too sure if there is anything short of applying another clearcoat that would seal the marker pen though.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Very nice. If you value the autograph it's going to be hard to play. I bought a signed guitar from someone who played it and half the autograph was missing from wear. It really didn't matter to me because I had no clue who signed it. I have a signed Washnurn from Godsmack I keep boxed up and won't touch. I thought of having the guitar clearcoated in order to keep the autograph permanent so I could play it here and there but I am not sure if it will make the marer run or not. I'll have to post a picture of it.
That's awesome! He sounds like an awesome guy

Not sure if i'd want someone drawing over one of my guitars...but that actually looks pretty cool haha
Quote by sharpant
he then went off to eat a Chinese with his band :P

He ate a chinese????
Quote by mevi
What?

He means a chinese meal... not an actual chinese person
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
He means a chinese meal... not an actual chinese person

no he meant an actual chinese person.

that's where he gets his playing abilities from. The blood of the chinese contains a protein which helps with finger dexterity.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Don't play it--put it on a rack on your wall and save it for the rest of your life! Trust me 10, 20 , 30 years from now you will be happy and always remember that encounter.

(And no, don't think it is going to go up in value, just enjoy the fact that you have it, like a piece of art!)

Enjoy!
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
I'll never sell it but so annoyed as i just bought a Miracle man bareknuckle pickup that i was going to put in the bridge, would it be wrong to install it now? remember i don't intend on selling ever.

And yes i mean the meal :P he had a Chinese before and after the gig, he was talking about how good his aromatic duck was whilst on stage :P

After signing he goes ' Chinese is open till 3am, I'm going to get the rest of the band'

He's so normal :P
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Nov 19, 2008,
Should have asked if you could go with him

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind
Should have asked if you could go with him

OMG chineese food with paul gilbert is my fckin all time dream man!!!!
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
hehehe somone should sig that ^
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Or, no they shouldn't.

That is epic, epic win mate. I wish he'd come over to West Aus. That's one of the all time list to do before I die.
Yeah PG seems to be a genuinely nice guy - and doesn't take himself too seriously - unlike certain other shredders...
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
what is the hesitation of putting the bare knuckle in it?
if you plan on keeping it, you can return it to authentic anytime by throwing the PAF back in, unless it would alter it in a way i dont know about
i was at the gig!! did you get a VIP ticket or just catch him on his way out?
Guitar
Ibanez - S5470F
Epiphone - Les Paul Black Beauty
Line 6 - Spider II 210 - deceased :/
Blackstar HT studio 20
Farida D-8

Bass
Fender MIM Jazz
Ashdown ABM C115T-500 EVO II
Just caught him on his way out at midnight, i cannot put enough emphasis on how nice a guy he is, he's a real influence on my life not just guitar. He's the kind of person everyone should aspire to be, so kind.

Can i ask your opinions about putting the Bareknuckles in? Although it will lose value i never want to sell this guitar but come down the line in 20 years or so it may be worth a ridiculous amount of money if i kept it in the same mint condition it is now
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
I don't see why you shouldn't - you can always stick the stock pickups back in.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
haha, wow, that looks great, i'm glad to hear you managed to catch him!

get a pro to put some kind of lacquer/coating over the signature and picture, so it won't wear even if you play.

i don't see a problem with fitting the BKPs, just hang onto the dimarzios so you can refit them whenever you wish.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
haha, wow, that looks great, i'm glad to hear you managed to catch him!

get a pro to put some kind of lacquer/coating over the signature and picture, so it won't wear even if you play.

i don't see a problem with fitting the BKPs, just hang onto the dimarzios so you can refit them whenever you wish.

Thanks Dave! when you say get a pro, what shall i do? ring my local music shop?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
i'm not sure, to be honest. the big problem is, you need to find someone you trust so they won't muck it up (as obviously you only get one shot at this).

where are you in the UK? personally, i'd contact legra, feline, or one of the other UK luthiers i'd trust, but you might not be close enough to them to do that. (when i say contact, i mean even just to ask for advice on whether it's possible, and if so, how to do it, and what the chances are of it working, etc. ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The guy at the door, just said get yourself down to Halfords and buy some clear lacquer
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Lucky guy, I'm at the southahampton gig on the 24th, not sure if I'll get the chance to meet him after, damn train times.

But I'll be linin' up many hours early just to ensure I'll get to the front.
Playing on it now lol, i think I'll just have it as my main guitar for years, im not going to sell it so...
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
The guy at the door, just said get yourself down to Halfords and buy some clear lacquer

aye, i have no idea...

you're registered at the bareknuckle forum, aren't you? (i think i remember seeing your post there)

make a thread in the tech forum asking what to do, hopefully feline guitars/jonathan, wez, and some of the other dudes will chime in.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I can point you towards a forum that wez (venables?) frequents in which you can open a thread and ask some one to clear coat it for you, or just for help.

http://simnettguitars.co.uk/forum/index.php

If you post in 'Paint, Graphics & Inlay' I'm sure someone will help you out.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
thank you both VERY much, playing on this guitar tonight and o boy im on form don't know what it is! Maybe its the cartoon of Paul helping me
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
You lucky SOB! man I would still play it.. even if it fades phsyically it'll still have the magic and mojo.. use the magic paul gave you, that's what he'd want!
Quote by ljohn
Or, no they shouldn't.

That is epic, epic win mate. I wish he'd come over to West Aus. That's one of the all time list to do before I die.

if you mean Western Australia.. he did.. he came a year or two ago to hale college i think it was..

I didnt go because i wasnt very interested in him and guitar back in the day... regret it so much now
Quote by trashbeast
You lucky SOB! man I would still play it.. even if it fades phsyically it'll still have the magic and mojo.. use the magic paul gave you, that's what he'd want!

I'm going to get it sealed asap, it will NOT fade
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Page 1 of 3